Oct. 2nd Academy

Hopefully! I leave next Thursday. I spent the whole day yesterday sitting at home in anticipation of receiving the packet.

Leaving Tuesday. Were you guys given a date we are scheduled to finish? I was told two different dates not that I expect the class to finish exactly on schedule. I'd like to get done early if possible.

I will be there oct 2nd, as the lone ZDVer. I'm hoping to get mine too, I'm leaving FL on Monday Night, then driving through Tuesday and getting there wednesday morning!!! See you guys there, I'm staying at Spanish Gardens if anyone else is. :nana2:

Nope, and my HR rep called me back yesterday and said she usually gets an e-mail saying they have been sent. She hadn't yet. It was her last day in the office to!! Ugh, dunno if she's not going to be an HR rep anymore, or if she's just being moved about. She did give me the contact info for the person handling the packets though. I called several times, and left a message the first time. No call back, and no anwser any of the times I tried. So basically unless it comes today, I get to start calling monday AM early again.

I was planning on leaving monday night though! :panic:

I called the person handling the packets as well on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, she said she would do her best to send them out that night and to expect them on Friday. She mentioned that there would be another copy of the ID application to be faxed in plus the travel authorization. For the first time in this process, someone asked if I had even looked into housing. It's amazing how much of this you have to accomplish on your own. Without this forum, I think we would all be clueless. She told me to call back Friday if we didn't have them. Well, I called back Friday and got no answer and left a message. I guess we're all going to have to show up clueless and wander the Academy campus until security can round us up and show us where to go.

I called the person handling the packets as well on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, she said she would do her best to send them out that night and to expect them on Friday. She mentioned that there would be another copy of the ID application to be faxed in plus the travel authorization. For the first time in this process, someone asked if I had even looked into housing. It's amazing how much of this you have to accomplish on your own. Without this forum, I think we would all be clueless. She told me to call back Friday if we didn't have them. Well, I called back Friday and got no answer and left a message. I guess we're all going to have to show up clueless and wander the Academy campus until security can round us up and show us where to go.
I am not in the 10/02 group (or any academy group for that matter), but this post really gets me upset with this process. Without a forum like this, how can the average person be expected to figure all this out and wait around forever to get hired?? It's gettin' to be regoddamndiculous!!

I am not in the 10/02 group (or any academy group for that matter), but this post really gets me upset with this process. Without a forum like this, how can the average person be expected to figure all this out and wait around forever to get hired?? It's gettin' to be regoddamndiculous!!

Well I have received word on another forum that our group should receive the packets today. Still, just in the nick of time for some of us who might be leaving on Monday or Tuesday.

Just got my packet at 10:36 am. I'll fill you in in a bit. One note. It says in one location our class ends on February 5th. Then somewhere else it says February 10th. I hope we can get a straight answer since my apartment back in Atlanta and my wife really need to know exact information. Also looks like per diem is up to $80.40/day.

Just got my packet at 10:36 am. I'll fill you in in a bit. One note. It says in one location our class ends on February 5th. Then somewhere else it says February 10th. I hope we can get a straight answer since my apartment back in Atlanta and my wife really need to know exact information. Also looks like per diem is up to $80.40/day.

Seriously. Also, it says the housing will now be paid for using a government credit card, and done through the student housing. If we don't use the entire 49.80/day for housing, do we get the difference? (Ex. - my housing is only 40.00/day, do I get the 9.80?)

Everyone be safe traveling.

I have no idea. My place is only $32/day so I would lose $17.80/day. There are exceptions, but nowhere does it say the new process is required or am I missing something? I would rather just turn in my receipts and get the full $80.40/day. This is aggravating. Maybe some of us have made arrangments based on getting a certain amount of per diem. With this system, we all should have gone for an apartment for $49/day. Atleast we wouldn't be staying in a dump.

It specifically says the FAA will not pay for lodging reservations that have not been assigned an FAA confirmation number. Now does that mean they won't do the credit card payment OR they won't pay period?

Wow with this new system there is no reason to stay at a lower priced place. Might as well stay at the nicest place you can find for 49.80/day. Good to know.

Seriously. Also, it says the housing will now be paid for using a government credit card, and done through the student housing. If we don't use the entire 49.80/day for housing, do we get the difference? (Ex. - my housing is only 40.00/day, do I get the 9.80?)

Everyone be safe traveling.

According to student services what you don't use you get to keep.

According to student services what you don't use you get to keep.

Eswah.. did you see the new policy effective next week? It's not very clear about this point. It reads as if, they'll pay your housing up to a certain amount through their account (you don't pay anything to the apts or file any travel vouchers). There's the exception portion, but it's not really clear on how you go about getting an exception or if you can just opt out.

So are we supposed to e-mail them ahead of time with where we're going to be staying? Or does that just pertain to any stay points along your trip TO OKC? I was kind of confused about that, going to call tomorrow AM and be sure. I have no idea where I am staying on the way up, as I'm just going to drive as long as I can before I stop. Want to try and get there mid morning/early afternoon on Wednesday so I have time to unpack, stock up and grab some R&R.

Back