Nylon Fiber Knives (undetectable)

I apologize. I've just had so many negative interactions with TSA employees without your level of experience that like people to think they're working for CTU. There are obviously some highly-qualified individuals working for TSA, but it seems the G likes to avoid promoting them.

Just don't paint with such a broad brush Bro, There are some good, knowledgeable, friendly folks that truly want to do a good job in TSA, both in the FAMS and believe it or not the Screeners.... Sorry, I mean Transportation Security Officers;)

Granted, they seem to be outnumbered by those that are incapable forming complete sentences, or want to be cops. A lot of that in my experience, is from a management that lack any leadership abilities and seem to be even more clueless about security issues.
but I digress:D

Just don't paint with such a broad brush Bro, There are some good, knowledgeable, friendly folks that truly want to do a good job in TSA, both in the FAMS and believe it or not the Screeners.... Sorry, I mean Transportation Security Officers;)

Granted, they seem to be outnumbered by those that are incapable forming complete sentences, or want to be cops. A lot of that in my experience, is from a management that lack any leadership abilities and seem to be even more clueless about security issues.

Totally agree. FAMs and most FSDs are good people. The USSS retired folks and screeners are another story, but there are probably sensible people in those ranks, too.

Totally agree. FAMs and most FSDs are good people. The USSS retired folks and screeners are another story, but there are probably sensible people in those ranks, too.

Don't even get my started on the Secret Service:mad:

In case your interested, there will be a committee hearing web cast on personnel issues in the FAMS on Thursday, July 23, 2009 @ 10am http://homeland.<wbr>house.gov/<wbr>about/schedule.<wbr>asp I'm hoping the Director will be squirming in his seat a bit.:D

The 1st myth of management is it has occured.

Most every problem among the ranks begins in the upper levels. Still, that doesn't explain the caliber of the recruit.

The 1st myth of management is it has occured.

Most every problem among the ranks begins in the upper levels. Still, that doesn't explain the caliber of the recruit.

Sure it does, leadership, the molding and shaping of subordinates requires work.

The TSA hired thousands of people in a short amount of time. Any time you do that you'll get problem children in the mix. Instead of meeting the problem head on and dealing with an individual like any good leader should, TSA Management either ignores it, or puts out some ridiculously overly broad rule that kills morale among the good people even further.

If you ignore a problem child long enough, eventually, they'll go away on their own, meld into a mediocre employee or do some something you can fire them for. Problem solved:D

The worst part is, a lot of best folks will eventually move on as well, some to another agency in the government where they can excel, others get out of the government completely, leaving a few good ones and lots of mediocre ones.

Back