Nylon Fiber Knives (undetectable)

I've gotten my leatherman through. It was in my bag with my laptop and I forgot to put it in my noncarry on luggage. I had to walk through the metal detector twice but they didn't say anything about what was in my bag. I also had a hand full of nuts and bolts in one of the pockets of the bag. I had taken something appart at work and put the parts in there and forgotten about them. The security at Six Flags is better. They searched my bag and threw out my sharpies :(

You can make ANYTHING a lethal weapon (ball point pens, coat hangers, canes, your own hands), which defeats the point of having power-tripping, poorly-trained, and inarticulate idiots "protecting America."

The TSA will probably send out a bulletin on nylon knives, which will only add to the organization's 90% failure rate and make all of its "Captain Americas" compare themselves even more to Jack Bauer.

I had the boot knife and the ponyard. They're pretty cool, you can sharpen them with sandpaper! When I was living in my apartment, one was stored in a cereal box, and I forget where the other was stored...they are both gone now though :(

Not into the one in New England at least. Apparently they're afraid you're going to vandalize everything. They didn't catch the sharpie mini on my keys though :D

Uhh, what in the world do you need with a Sharpie at an amusement park?

Probably color her fingernails black, that's what those kids do :)

Post-911 I walked into the federal building in Chicago, I set off the metal detector with numerous security officers around, not one turned.

Word has it one of my buddies took his roomates bag right before a trip, it wasn't until after he came back that he found a bag of pot in it.

Nah, they don't scare me.

If you follow your procedures correctly -- At worst they won't get access.

At best, dumbshizzle trying to prove a point will get riddled with a few magazines of hot lead.

Come on Doug, have you already forgotten about us poor souls flying the 1900? This stuff is kinda unnerving. However, as I sat in Applebee's in ONT the other day, eating with my plastic silverware, I thought it was a little bit silly that my glass of water was served in a glass made of glass. Come to think of it, my plate was glass too. I'm fairly sure that TSA has nothing to do with security and everything to do with making my life that much more miserable. Oh well.

Word has it one of my buddies took his roomates bag right before a trip, it wasn't until after he came back that he found a bag of pot in it.

One of my high friends put his bag of pot back in the wrong bag once....mine. I found it a couple weeks later. I just wonder how often the "seriously officer, it's not mine" excuse is the truth.

They didn't improve the security of the 1900 cockpit door? Probably time to talk to your congressman!

They didn't improve the security of the 1900 cockpit door? Probably time to talk to your congressman!

I imagine it's because it's not a transport category aircraft, it was exempt from that rule. Kind of like how we can fly 120 hrs/mo and 1200/yr since the airplane is smaller and we're not working as hard:dunno:

Heh, I was fooling around in a Big Sky 1900 one night, and closed these two pieces of cardboard with contact paper on them. For a few moments I thought the only way I was going to be able to open the door would involve destruction of said pieces of cardboard.

I had the boot knife and the ponyard. They're pretty cool, you can sharpen them with sandpaper! When I was living in my apartment, one was stored in a cereal box, and I forget where the other was stored...they are both gone now though :(

Paranoid much??

Paranoid much??

why would you hide a knife... especially in your kitchen? to get to where i keep my cereal from my bedroom i would have to walk passed 2 guns drawer of silverwear(stake knives) set of 10 kitchen knives, then to my ceareal. good thing you never neaded it though

You can make ANYTHING a lethal weapon (ball point pens, coat hangers, canes, your own hands), which defeats the point of having power-tripping, poorly-trained, and inarticulate idiots "protecting America.

More than happy to hit the mat with you, so you can see what this 51 year old retired power-tripping, poorly-trained, and inarticulate idiot can do.:D

The TSA will probably send out a bulletin on nylon knives, which will only add to the organization's 90% failure rate and make all of its "Captain Americas" compare themselves even more to Jack Bauer.
Have you talked with anyone about this fascination you have with Jack Bauer?

Nylon knives have been around since I was a rookie street cop in 1979. Pretty sure they are on a list or two somewhere. They've popped up on intel reports every few years since then, everytime some company decides to sell the latest and greatest rendition.

They are a pretty effective stabbing weapon, but like you say, so is a BIC pen in the right hands. Most people that buy them aren't in that category though:bandit:

Have you ever heard of Nylon polymer?

NapoleonDynamite_450x325_MCDNADY_FS.jpg

I always keep a few in my bag and the only reason I had my bag was because we were planning on going to the water park as well as the normal one. And the reason I keep one on my keys is because I have a terrible memory and end up writing notes a lot. And it saves time when I need a sharpie at work because I don't have to go searching for one.

I don't color my nails with sharpies, don't even paint my fingernails. I do draw on my jeans but you would never know it if I didn't tell you. And I've actually switched to pen for that because the sharpies dry out too quickly when you use them on fabric.

Have you ever heard of Nylon polymer?

NapoleonDynamite_450x325_MCDNADY_FS.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Great movie. I don't care what anyone says.

I always keep a few in my bag and the only reason I had my bag was because we were planning on going to the water park as well as the normal one. And the reason I keep one on my keys is because I have a terrible memory and end up writing notes a lot. And it saves time when I need a sharpie at work because I don't have to go searching for one.

I don't color my nails with sharpies, don't even paint my fingernails. I do draw on my jeans but you would never know it if I didn't tell you. And I've actually switched to pen for that because the sharpies dry out too quickly when you use them on fabric.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Great movie. I don't care what anyone says.

Why would you draw on your clothing?

More than happy to hit the mat with you, so you can see what this 51 year old retired power-tripping, poorly-trained, and inarticulate idiot can do.:D

I apologize. I've just had so many negative interactions with TSA employees without your level of experience that like people to think they're working for CTU. There are obviously some highly-qualified individuals working for TSA, but it seems the G likes to avoid promoting them.

Back