NTSB report is out for the Falcon at MYF and it is a doozy

Christmas came super early, @Cherokee_Cruiser!

"The crew reviewed their departure plan and discussed their takeoff reject plan, including their intention not to reject the takeoff after reaching 80 kts."

"The crew then called out, “V1”"

*puzzle*

Color me shocked.

NOT!

Yet another Corpie. Nope, I wouldn’t step aboard a Corpie jet.

Opinion changed about Corpies for the better: 0.

Opinion changed about Corpies for the worse: +100

I can't help but focus on a Falcon 900 with a full load of fuel and two passengers+attendant and not batting an eye when acknowledging a (V1?) speed of 112 knots.

The captain was enrolled for the DA-900EX EASy initial training on October 1, 2020, at Flight Safety International. He was not issued a type rating because he never finished the ground or flight simulator training although he attended the ground school portion of training.
Imagine this being how you find out why you showed up for day one of sim and the dude who was supposed to be your sim partner had just vanished.

Also like….was there zero accountability from the owner/airplane manager for sending this dude off to what’s gotta be a $30k+ initial and he just….spends the 2 weeks that he’s supposed to be in sim • around in Dallas on the company dime?

View attachment 72123
Can’t take my certs if you already took em
1686359930906.png

I can't help but focus on a Falcon 900 with a full load of fuel and two passengers+attendant and not batting an eye when acknowledging a (V1?) speed of 112 knots.

How does it get that overloaded with only 3 in the back?

This is actually easier to accomplish than most realize. Hypothetically, let’s say the owner hires the crew and gives them the cash to manage their own training. Then the “pilots” say training is complete ready for a trip even though they don’t have a certificate let alone a type rating.

All hypothetical, of course, but without a management company or a being very savvy owner - it would be the Frank Abagnale of business jets.

Also like….was there zero accountability from the owner/airplane manager for sending this dude off to what’s gotta be a $30k+ initial and he just….spends the 2 weeks that he’s supposed to be in sim • around in Dallas on the company dime?
I found the court filing where their insurance company tried to nope-out of coverage. In the document they state that when applying to coverage, one of the pilots involved presented themselves as the Director of Aviation, where they name two other pilots as the crew who would be flying the aircraft (neither was involved in the accident), and that the Director would explicitly not be flying the aircraft.

From the accident docket. It looks like the crew thoughtindicated the TOW was 45,500, but was probably actually around 48,000. This exceeds the runway/obstacle weight limit for MYF 28R of 45,179 lbs.

WPR21LA110.png

Last edited:
At least jet U taught us we need pilot certificates to fly jets…

…that’s a lot more knowledge than some Corpies have apparently.
Knowing the rules and following the rules are two different things.

In my best Lev Adropov impersonation.........buncha cowboys.

At least jet U taught us we need pilot certificates to fly jets…

…that’s a lot more knowledge than some Corpies have apparently.

Yes, because fake licensing or lying about experience never happens in the airlines.

Back