NTSB Press Release Asiana 214

It will go "LO LIM" in a descent, which more or less means that the auto throttle has reached the lowest limit of it's authority and you can manually pull them back.

Truth for the 80 series!

I remember in VNAV it going to CLMP. :)

And that is for the 88/90... I was asking about the MD-11 and 717 modern glass?

Ahh, ok!

I remember the VNAV/CLMP thing. Kind of weird having to manage your own throttles. Or thrust levers. Or those sticks that make the noise.

On the E190 "LIM" simply means the auto thrust cannot maintain the speed you have set. Typically that means you gotta get dirty cuz there's no more thrust to take out.

(It's says that a lot during descents.)

Last edited:
Ahh, ok!

I remember the VNAV/CLMP thing. Kind of weird having to manage your own throttles. Or thrust levers. Or those sticks that make the noise.

What are those? We have TLAs. :)

FWIW, I haven't flown an approach with them in the CLB detent in about a month and a half. :) AP off, AT off!

The MD and as I recall the Bus architecture will start low speed protection when you hit the "foot" or zipper, what ever you want to call it. A/T will "wake up" even in FLCH. 777 will not.

On the E190 "LIM" simply means the auto thrust cannot maintain the speed you have set. Typically that means you gotta get dirty cuz there's no more thrust to take out.

(It's says that a lot during descents.)

On the Airbus it's "MORE DRAG"

As a Captain at my company recently said, "This airplane must be from San Francisco, cause it's asking for more drag."

hqdefault.jpg

Thankfully, not true. Usually what happens in these JC threads is someone takes an idea like this and creates a story out of it, almost making it believable. But no, we don't sit there just to manage the automation, as I'm sure you're aware. We also don't fly rigidly, focused only on a stabilized approach "gate" as a student pilot might.

We are still professionals. :)
My FMS was broken this morning. It was awful.

:sarcasm:

The MD and as I recall the Bus architecture will start low speed protection when you hit the "foot" or zipper, what ever you want to call it. A/T will "wake up" even in FLCH. 777 will not.

At all altitudes "wake up" is inhibited when being in FLCH on the 777?

Cancel. Back the hotel. Happy hour at 5.
Go home day. Negative.

"Buzzsaw 5466, cleared direct Seal Beach."
"Uh. We're not yet receiving Seal Beach, we are Great Lakes-ing it this morning."
"Ah no problem, Buzzsaw 5466, fly heading 310, direct Seal Beach when able. Thanks for the heads-up."

We also handed it off to some other poor blokes to take it to PSP for repairs, so it was worth it.

Ahhh, Go home days.

Sir, the left engine is, uh, well. It's missing.

Guess its a max power take off day, all day.

Go home day. Negative.

"Buzzsaw 5466, cleared direct Seal Beach."
"Uh. We're not yet receiving Seal Beach, we are Great Lakes-ing it this morning."
"Ah no problem, Buzzsaw 5466, fly heading 310, direct Seal Beach when able. Thanks for the heads-up."

We also handed it off to some other poor blokes to take it to PSP for repairs, so it was worth it.
You're supposed to refile, not that ATC doesn't automatically assume every single airplane including the cub with a handheld radio is IFR GPS equipped. "Don't you have a handheld?"

Ahhh, Go home days.

Sir, the left engine is, uh, well. It's missing.

Guess its a max power take off day, all day.
All I ever ask is that 1 of the two engines keeps going and all of the lifting/control surfaces stay on. They rest? Meh, it'll be fine.

You're supposed to refile, not that ATC doesn't automatically assume every single airplane including the cub with a handheld radio is IFR GPS equipped. "Don't you have a handheld?"
Apparently
Code:
E120/A
and
Code:
E120/G
look very similar.

Back