NTSB Press Release Asiana 214

At all altitudes "wake up" is inhibited when being in FLCH on the 777?

Correct, TOGA also. In any mode below 400 feet above the airport on takeoff, or below 100 feet RA on approach, the autothrottle will not automatically activate. And lastly if descending in VNAV SPD, the autothrottle may activate in HOLD mode and will not support stall protection.

TP

Correct, TOGA also. In any mode below 400 feet above the airport on takeoff, or below 100 feet RA on approach, the autothrottle will not automatically activate. And lastly if descending in VNAV SPD, the autothrottle may activate in HOLD mode and will not support stall protection.

TP

As advanced as the 777 is, that is surprising. Thanks for the details!

Air conditioning. The AC has to work. I don't like the heat.
Then we'd never go...

IIRC, these days it's SBDR/S (/C for the Bro?) instead of SBDGR/S
Something like that. I think our flight plan blocks have both the ICAO alphabet soup and the FAA's "E120/G" block.

It's called go higher. You can take a shower when you get home.
20 minute legs = "I hope those ground cooling fans work."

I dunno. That's the most welcome phrase I ever hear. More than a little time in the RJ, less than a lot, and I'm still learning. But I'll take a visual over an ILS any day of the week. I fly with one reserve captain quite a bit, and he makes me turn everything off and hand fly with no FD when it's prudent.

That's because you are were not the typical "new" regional FO that came right over from instructing in a Seminole for a few months. I wasn't either, having already flown turboprops and a jet for several years prior. Flying the visual in Bumblebee's old bird (Brasilia) or the CRJ was absolutely not a big deal at any point, even on IOE.

However... I do remember my first trip in the King Air (my first gig after flight instructing), and being cleared for the visual was kind of a big deal. I definitely had to be walked through the visual a couple times. Same deal with my first jet (CJ3)... The first few times in an airplane that can climb at 5-6k FPM at T/O was pretty crazy, and I still clearly remember my first takeoff and how amazed I was by the performance! Fortunately for me my training CAs for both aircraft were awesome and we hand flew a lot.

Years later, my first T/O in the CRJ 200 was pretty benign compared to my old CJ3. The only thing that concerned me was the T/O roll - my first T/O was a Hot and High day out of COS, fully loaded. I thought something was wrong with its engines! Quite honestly, the T/O roll in the 200 still freaks me out a little on hot/high days.

Years later, my first T/O in the CRJ 200 was pretty benign compared to my old CJ3. The only thing that concerned me was the T/O roll - my first T/O was a Hot and High day out of COS, fully loaded. I thought something was wrong with its engines! Quite honestly, the T/O roll in the 200 still freaks me out a little on hot/high days.

Never flown a 200 except in the Sim. But gawd, what a turd. Even the 700/900 aren't real performers. I really miss the 31A I used to fly. I still remember leaving VNY one day, light on fuel, no pax, and pegging the VSI.

Back