Now you know: Geo-pref's on application DO matter

hahaha ok, truth hurts you got me. I went through 2+ months of pure HR garbage to get this info, so yeah I got a little ticked. Very funny post though, I'm officially "letting it go" and off to work. thx

propcircles,

I don't think that anyone meant any disrespect by their responses. In your original post, you failed to mention where you got the information. You didn't establish any credibility, so we all just thought it was your opinion. I think I speak for most of us when I say we appreciate you digging up this info for us. Thanks for your help.

And has been trying desperately to be switched to another facility...

key word here is "accepted" a position in AK.... you have an opportunity to turn it down and it appears as though she didn't when she was given a TOL.

she isnt being forced to do anything she doesn't want to do.... she is accepting or she's not.

:nana2:

propcircles,

I don't think that anyone meant any disrespect by their responses. In your original post, you failed to mention where you got the information. You didn't establish any credibility, so we all just thought it was your opinion.

I think he just read too much into the responses, I probably would have said the same thing and in my mind there wouldn't have been anything pretentious about it...

key word here is "accepted" a position in AK.... you have an opportunity to turn it down and it appears as though she didn't when she was given a TOL.

she isnt being forced to do anything she doesn't want to do.... she is accepting or she's not.

:nana2:

I'm aware of that... I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I'm really just curious to see how it pans out.

I was told by a guy at ZLC when the Febots application came out to make sure to put SLC as a preferance and then put his name on the application on who referred. I guess it worked cause my husband put ZLC then throughout the nation as his choices. He went to the PEPC and got a TOL for ZLC. So techinically my husband didn't follow the rules of putting throughout the nation, but he got the place he wanted.

First things first, propcircles is a "he" not a "she", although admittedly I got a little touchy there so, my bad.

Furthermore, the person who did the selections is my source. I think that's credible wouldn't you say?

Needless to say, I feel like a retard at this point... if the info helps you out, great. If not, oh well. If you prefer to "just follow directions" well knock yer purdy selves out...

First things first, propcircles is a "he" not a "she", although admittedly I got a little touchy there so, my bad.

Furthermore, the person who did the selections is my source. I think that's credible wouldn't you say?

Needless to say, I feel like a retard at this point... if the info helps you out, great. If not, oh well. If you prefer to "just follow directions" well knock yer purdy selves out...

No worries mate! I believe you were told what you were told. The email I recieved was from human resources....maybe she didn't know what the heck she was talking about... I saw where one guy put IL and Co down and ended up in iowa...because his current address is from there...or maybe it was on his original application...

ALL I know is I made a huge spelling mistake/typo on my Application...
My degree...Social Studies, Secondary Eduucation <<<<< I hope that doesnt hurt me.... lol

But then, I wonder how many people are trying to get to Montana...

Do the best of both worlds: put all your favorite spots, and place "throughout the nation" as your very last choice.

Does this have to be brain surgery?

I believe the FAA looks at your application without question, but I definitely believe that more weight is placed on the Geo-prefs.

What would be the point of sending out geo-prefs in the first place?

I dont know what the fuss is about. If your gonna follow the directions then put the top 10 places you would like to go that is what the application asks? The announcement is for throughout the US but the application asks for your top 10 choices. So if your gonna follow the aplpication you should fill those in.

I dont know what the fuss is about. If your gonna follow the directions then put the top 10 places you would like to go that is what the application asks? The announcement is for throughout the US but the application asks for your top 10 choices. So if your gonna follow the aplpication you should fill those in.

The application has spaces to put 10 locations, but if you read the application, it says to just choose "US - Throughout the Nation" and preferences will be selected at a later date.

That's what fuss is about, but I think it's time to stop fussing :panic:

The application has spaces to put 10 locations, but if you read the application, it says to just choose "US - Throughout the Nation" and preferences will be selected at a later date.

That's what fuss is about, but I think it's time to stop fussing :panic:

Direct from the application:

"Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference. Duty locations/facilities assignments will be determined at a later date."

No where does it say to JUST select throughout the nation. It says to put it down. And wow, there's 9 other slots to put other places down. People need to quit saying that putting down other selections is considered "not following directions."

Also, it says that the ASSIGNMENTS, not the PREFERENCES will be determined at a later date. When the Feb announcement first came out, I'm pretty sure they didn't quite have the whole e-mail link to the 2 slot geo pref website figured out yet. Since then, they have just recopied the instructions on to the other announcements. Those who put more than just "Throughout the Nation" are probably better off than those who put nothing more. At least they have a little more info in their application.

Direct from the application:

"Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference. Duty locations/facilities assignments will be determined at a later date."

No where does it say to JUST select throughout the nation. It says to put it down. And wow, there's 9 other slots to put other places down. People need to quit saying that putting down other selections is considered "not following directions."

Also, it says that the ASSIGNMENTS, not the PREFERENCES will be determined at a later date. When the Feb announcement first came out, I'm pretty sure they didn't quite have the whole e-mail link to the 2 slot geo pref website figured out yet. Since then, they have just recopied the instructions on to the other announcements. Those who put more than just "Throughout the Nation" are probably better off than those who put nothing more. At least they have a little more info in their application.

:hiya: Chill please.

I never said people weren't following directions. If anything, I'm one of the few posting on this thread that isn't saying "I'm following the directions and you're not" ...I've admitted several times on this forum that I choose my own locations and leave "Throughout the Nation" as my last choice.

:hiya: Chill please.

I never said people weren't following directions. If anything, I'm one of the few posting on this thread that isn't saying "I'm following the directions and you're not" ...I've admitted several times on this forum that I choose my own locations and leave "Throughout the Nation" as my last choice.

i really dont think putting your preferences or throughout the nation matters... The email I was sent said that the preferences in the original application dont have any bearing on the selection process...I am beginning to believe the human resource lady that sent me that.....over what I read here..

Plus....I cant see them not hiring someone because they listed ten locations..instead of putting throughout the nation.

Finally... who cares anymore...we cant change anything now.

i really dont think putting your preferences or throughout the nation matters... The email I was sent said that the preferences in the original application dont have any bearing on the selection process...I am beginning to believe the human resource lady that sent me that.....over what I read here..

Plus....I cant see them not hiring someone because they listed ten locations..instead of putting throughout the nation.

Finally... who cares anymore...we cant change anything now.

I don't know if I believe it has absolutely no bearing on the selection process, but I'll agree that I really don't think they'll turn someone down for choosing 10 locations. We've seen people on this board who selected just "Throughout the Nation" and we've seen people who selected everything but that... it doesn't seem to make any difference in whether or not you will be selected. We just don't know how much of a difference it'll make in what location you're selected for.

Everyone should do what they feel is right for them. If you want to put just "Throughout the Nation" then do that... if you want to select your own preferences, go for it. None of us know for sure, but I still wouldn't recommend putting down 10 states on the application if you're not willing to move to every single one of them... but that's just my opinion.

I put "United States, Throughout the Nation" as #1 on the application.
BUT.... I also put down the two states I want to work at in the next 2 slots.

One thing I am sure of is this: You cannot be sure of anything HR tells you.

I'm really confused why you (fellow cub fan) are still arguing this point based on an email from HR. The "overly friendly & helpful" HR people don't make the selections. (believe me they've made that crystal clear) so who are you going to believe? HR? or, the person that made the selections and specifically tells you it's because of what you put in your app?

:confused:

i-want-to-believe.jpg
HR

Back