No stupid questions...

For some reason this reminded me of that scene in Wrath of Khan where Kirk told McCoy that some sketch transporter coordinates were his big chance to get away from it all.
Mccoy: where are we going?
Kirk: where ever they went.
Mccoy: and what if they went nowhere?
Kirk: well here's your big chance to get away from it all.

There's a big difference between going nowhere and going nowhere in particular.

Aaaaaand this reminds me of what they say about Federated Suns weapon load outs in Battletech….

“Autocannons….because f$&k that guy in particular!”

Tuesdays….who’d a thought?

Remember friend, when you're good at something never do it for free.
I'm good at finding useful connections in the relationships between words, but Chat GPT can do it quicker and cheaper than me.

Suppose that I'm bitter. Imagine how it is to be accused of being Chat GPT on the internet.

It's funny instead so my bitterness goes away due to comic relief.

If you're a pilot, did you ever take a plane and get your family, mom and dad, grandma, grandpa, cousins and uncles and aunts and neices and nephews and board a plane and just fly them somewhere? Not necessarily a fancy spot, but giving a ride to the fam in a passenger plane that would fit them all.

Or, is that against the rules?
I’ve had my father on the jump seat for two segments when I was at SKW, I flew on his jump seat for his retirement, and when I was a Part 91 King Air driver we flew that airplane together. And Mom came along for some of the trips too.

I’ve had my father on the jump seat for two segments when I was at SKW, I flew on his jump seat for his retirement, and when I was a Part 91 King Air driver we flew that airplane together. And Mom came along for some of the trips too.
My dad loves planes a lot. Ever since I started working on the ramp I finally have been able to learn about the different plane types and talk about it with him a little. I don't know if I would get the chance but I'd like to take him flying someday.

I think it's really cool that you got to fly the airplane together with your father.

If you're a pilot, did you ever take a plane and get your family, mom and dad, grandma, grandpa, cousins and uncles and aunts and neices and nephews and board a plane and just fly them somewhere? Not necessarily a fancy spot, but giving a ride to the fam in a passenger plane that would fit them all.

Or, is that against the rules?

I had to think about this one and it turns it I took a lot of girls up flying - didn’t realize how many I took flying - I flew one to Nantucket … flew another one to the white mountains - I flew another one to lake placid and Niagara Falls. another one down the Hudson River past Central Park, Manhattan and around the Statue of Liberty. Another one I took to watch sunset flying around San Diego bay. And another one to Catalina. Another one from Kadena to Ie Jima, an island where she lived, flew around her island …. lots of memories and fun times in the plane and not in the plane afterwards …. one of them which did eventually end up becoming my wife…

took my future brother in law on a flight around Oahu.

took my dad up and he slept thru most of the flight..

took a cousin and his wife up flying. Took an uncle flying.

I flew with another pilot from work, he had thousands of hours of turbine rotor but none in airplanes. so it was a bit disconcerting when he was trying to land and he kept trying to slow down and I had to keep pushing on the yoke to keep him from stalling the 172 we were renting…. Youre coming in too slow…. he response was this is way too fast…

then I became an airline pilot and I couldnt afford to fly people for fun around anymore.

my kid after 15 years of having no interest in aviation, randomly expressed interest in flying just to see what it’s like. So I was a bit sad that I couldn’t take him flying and sent him on a discovery flight instead… biggest smile I’d ever seen from my kid.

I had to think about this one and it turns it I took a lot of girls up flying - didn’t realize how many I took flying - I flew one to Nantucket … flew another one to the white mountains - I flew another one to lake placid and Niagara Falls. another one down the Hudson River past Central Park, Manhattan and around the Statue of Liberty. Another one I took to watch sunset flying around San Diego bay. And another one to Catalina. Another one from Kadena to Ie Jima, an island where she lived, flew around her island …. lots of memories and fun times in the plane and not in the plane afterwards …. one of them which did eventually end up becoming my wife…

took my future brother in law on a flight around Oahu.

took my dad up and he slept thru most of the flight..

took a cousin and his wife up flying. Took an uncle flying.

I flew with another pilot from work, he had thousands of hours of turbine rotor but none in airplanes. so it was a bit disconcerting when he was trying to land and he kept trying to slow down and I had to keep pushing on the yoke to keep him from stalling the 172 we were renting…. Youre coming in too slow…. he response was this is way too fast…

then I became an airline pilot and I couldnt afford to fly people for fun around anymore.

my kid after 15 years of having no interest in aviation, randomly expressed interest in flying just to see what it’s like. So I was a bit sad that I couldn’t take him flying and sent him on a discovery flight instead… biggest smile I’d ever seen from my kid.
Yeah I like the idea of flying my friends or family.

Maybe this isn't very inspiring but I first got interested in flying because of a video game (Ghost Recon Wildlands). There were these supply missions with a single engine plane that I kept failing because I couldn't get a handle on how to fly the plane. I wanted to maneuver it the way I would a car.

Eventually after trying repeatedly I finally got a feel for it and started to like it so much that I would boot up the game just to fly the plane (not even doing any of the missions). Since then I wanted to try flying, or entertain the idea of it. No progress on that yet though.

Aaaaaand this reminds me of what they say about Federated Suns weapon load outs in Battletech….

And this reminds me of what they said about Steiner scout lances. Anything less than an Atlas just isn’t scouty enough.

Do Clanners still do the whole chivalrous-ritual-battle thing or have they gotten with the program of being sneaky, ruthless bastards?

I've always loved point-blank SRM6 salvos, and alpha strikes at knife-fighting range, but I'm fatalistic like that.

Nice videos though.

Anyway I think I was just going through a phase of wanting to be a pilot. I liked the idea of it but the temporary enthusiasm for the idea has dissipated.

Therefore this thread is whatever it needs to be..! A place for code words and cool clubs and references...I'm too young to get it...or too plain.

Ok all is good

Back