No stupid questions...

Victor Squawk

If you're a pilot, did you ever take a plane and get your family, mom and dad, grandma, grandpa, cousins and uncles and aunts and neices and nephews and board a plane and just fly them somewhere? Not necessarily a fancy spot, but giving a ride to the fam in a passenger plane that would fit them all.

Or, is that against the rules?

One of my bigger aviation regrets is that I didn't take my father flying while I could. It was his old flying books that truly got me interested in flying. He never got his cert, got thru solo, then I showed up and that was that.

If you're a pilot, did you ever take a plane and get your family, mom and dad, grandma, grandpa, cousins and uncles and aunts and neices and nephews and board a plane and just fly them somewhere? Not necessarily a fancy spot, but giving a ride to the fam in a passenger plane that would fit them all.

Or, is that against the rules?

Some people do....Never flown my parents/wife/kids anywhere. Actually did fly my GF who became my wife on a work trip once.

Invariably if I tried it would end up a nightmare. Plus they don't seem interested, nor do they really know it's an option ;)

I flew my sister, by chance, one day. But apart from my deceased father, no one really has any interest.

Kristie has been on my jet, giggity, a number of times though, most recently ICN. This wide body thing is weird. Pay goes up and I'm never at work.

One of my bigger aviation regrets is that I didn't take my father flying while I could. It was his old flying books that truly got me interested in flying. He never got his cert, got thru solo, then I showed up and that was that.

Take what you can get man and be happy. My old man said “no way am I going up in that s4!t can!”

I flew my sister, by chance, one day. But apart from my deceased father, no one really has any interest.

Kristie has been on my jet, giggity, a number of times though, most recently ICN. This wide body thing is weird. Pay goes up and I'm never at work.
What does that even mean? I did title this thread no stupid questions but the wide body thing went over my head...and who is kristie!

Some people do....Never flown my parents/wife/kids anywhere. Actually did fly my GF who became my wife on a work trip once.

Invariably if I tried it would end up a nightmare. Plus they don't seem interested, nor do they really know it's an option ;)
I think it's neat that you married your wife on a work trip

I'm sorry, I didn't know what to say but reading this made me feel sad...

I didn't get the joke but I do get the gist. I went to army to (among other reasons) get away from everyone I knew

For some reason this reminded me of that scene in Wrath of Khan where Kirk told McCoy that some sketch transporter coordinates were his big chance to get away from it all.

What do (certified flight instructor, I guessing?) CFIs like and appreciate in life and other people?

:>
That's a tall order. How am I to speak for all of them? As a CFI I can tell you I like money. And appreciate timeliness in people. I also appreciate sunrises.

For some reason this reminded me of that scene in Wrath of Khan where Kirk told McCoy that some sketch transporter coordinates were his big chance to get away from it all.
Iven't watched Star Trak but "sketch coordinates" sorta captures it. It was a misplay; i had better options i didn't see back then

Back