No Jumpseat on diversion flights - Delta

Are the agents in CAE actual Delta employees or DGS employees? Cause DGS is just the regional equivalent for ACS. You get what you pay for.

At the end of the day that doesn't really matter. It's the same way most of us feel about regional feed. The expectations should be the same, no matter who is working the flight or boarding the passengers. Saying, oh they are just contractors (or ffdc) as an explanation for incompetence shouldn't ever happen.

At the end of the day that doesn't really matter. It's the same way most of us feel about regional feed. The expectations should be the same, no matter who is working the flight or boarding the passengers. Saying, oh they are just contractors (or ffdc) as an explanation for incompetence shouldn't ever happen.

Exactly. I'm as anti outsourcing as the next guy...including my own position. But what I've seen between the DLC and UAX side, the difference is accountability. United is only focused on short term balance sheets, even though it probably loses money in the long run. The DL side, even most of the outsourced stations seem like mainline.

Thank you for these details. More ammunition. It is quite clear to me that they just did not want to make the impression of a person boarding a flight while revenue folks were looking. The lack of spine some agents have is absolutely disappointing. #OneTeam.

My days of taking the jumpseat to get Delta retirees or Delta employees on my equipment is pretty much done for a fairly long time because of this incident. I have always tried to make sure maximum number of non-revers can get on if I can take my equipment's jumpseat, which I would like to think is fairly common, but after these representatives of Delta's poor work ethic, piss-poor attitude, those days are done for a bit.

I understand your frustration but is one rude gate agent and a weak captain worth sacrificing your integrity for? Nonrev karma has a way of coming back on you.

I see what you did there.

I'm not interested in playing that game.

The organizational issues in place at CAE must be addressed. Over the past two days I've spoken with about 10 of our other CAE commuters and it's become clear to me this isn't an isolated incident.

The organizational issues in place at CAE must be addressed. Over the past two days I've spoken with about 10 of our other CAE commuters and it's become clear to me this isn't an isolated incident.

I didn't "do"anything. I find not trying to do what you can to get other nonrevs on because of this event to be pathetic. Take the high road, go through the proper channels, and get the isolated issues at CAE addressed rather than stage your own meaningless campaign which will do nothing to fix your problems. Does that help make my position more clear?

Ya, Lets punish those that had nothing to do with this. I agree with @Cav. Bush league.

#NonRevWar

#NonRevWar

warface.jpg

My days of taking the jumpseat to get Delta retirees or Delta employees on my equipment is pretty much done for a fairly long time because of this incident. I have always tried to make sure maximum number of non-revers can get on if I can take my equipment's jumpseat, which I would like to think is fairly common, but after these representatives of Delta's poor work ethic, piss-poor attitude, those days are done for a bit.

My comments were based on the above.

The first thing I thought was-
Well...it is a diversion flight. Are they even allowed to change the manifest without significant approval level jumps?

I'm humbled to see that it is possible. Hopefully the JS coordinator and the CAE-based management can have proper diplomatic relations and all the nukes can be pinned and unloaded.

I'm happy to share that after a 20 minute conversation with the CAE station manager that it appears some additional training will be provided. Now, whether this really happens or it alleviates the issues that were encountered I will not know for some time.

I'm happy to share that after a 20 minute conversation with the CAE station manager that it appears some additional training will be provided. Now, whether this really happens or it alleviates the issues that were encountered I will not know for some time.

It's a shame that happened. If i remember correctly DGS handles both United and DL flights out of CAE. The UAX side of thing was one of the best stations that we dealt with. I'm not sure if it was simply because we went there so often but crews and agents usually knew each other on a first name basis. Obviously they don't intermix because I doubt you would have had this problem. Glad it was resolved though.

It's a shame that happened. If i remember correctly DGS handles both United and DL flights out of CAE. The UAX side of thing was one of the best stations that we dealt with. I'm not sure if it was simply because we went there so often but crews and agents usually knew each other on a first name basis. Obviously they don't intermix because I doubt you would have had this problem. Glad it was resolved though.

This issue was an all-above wing issue. Not sure who CAE is using now for below wing, but it doesn't appear to be DGS - could be though...the vests just look very different from the standard DGS.

Above wing is Delta. But, as I think it was the Duck that said it, it shouldn't have happened regardless of organization running it.

I didn't "do"anything. I find not trying to do what you can to get other nonrevs on because of this event to be pathetic. Take the high road, go through the proper channels, and get the isolated issues at CAE addressed rather than stage your own meaningless campaign which will do nothing to fix your problems. Does that help make my position more clear?

The " proper channels " aren't working. I deal with it on my commute too, from a city on the other side of the country, and when I frequent Florida. I have to side with @surreal1221 on this one. Make a lot of noise, get a company wide memo put out, and fix it everywhere, instead of trying to micromanage it station by station.

Back