NJC 2021

Already have the week off! I will consider this year a “win” as long as 3 parameters are met; 1) we actually get to meet up- no covid lockdowns 2) no one ends up in the hospital 3) no one goes to jail.
Double the fun, double the crazed antics, and definitely going to get Korean BBQ, the Palm, and lots of Dergs favorite beer- Coors Light!

I've gotten like so many offers emailed from them this year. Log into MGMresorts and hit my offers and see what's available. A lot of the ones that are like, 3 nights at bellagio will also let you book Aria for 3 nights (plus freeplay plus resort credit).

I've tentatively gotten 3 free vegas trips booked next year (June, Oct and Nov) now with the offers they keep sending and I've got no MGM status other than having the player's card. And I've never even lost much money there, I usually have a $400 gambling budget and stick within that. My plan is not even gamble other than the freeplay outside of the NJC trip, and just enjoy the pool, restaurants and hopefully shows will be back by then. :)

Please check the hotel rates! Now is the time to book, if you can.

I've found that my identity points (as the "gambler" in the family) are now long gone and make no difference in room price anymore. The amount of money I spent, I will probably spend no more cuz there is just no point with the Cosmo. :(

Our plan is nothing different from previous years because we just don't know what October will be like for everyone.
Derg and I will have our 2nd vaccines done by beginning of April. It'll still take us some time to feel socially *comfortable*. Hard to believe, but true. HA!

Although July is the countdown for what gov't is saying for small groups to gather, our true social nature might not get back to norm till next year. Doug and I are perfectly ok if anyone prefers to attend via zoom. We understand, we get it...we're there too. We will have 2 iPads in the room so you can zoom your badass self to us. *download the zoom app! We miss you!*

We have been zooming JC talk every Saturday night since a few months after we knew the pandemic was not going to go away without everyone's help (like DUH! srsly!) Please feel free to join us on Saturday nights from 7pm EST to whenever. So far, people walk in/walk out just like NJC and sometimes we have 12 online and nobody can talk because everyone is talking HAHA. We have one amazing Aviation family! Honestly, I love it!
Look for our zoom post in General Topics.

We plan to continue our Saturday zoom sessions and will be more than happy to make that happen for NJC as well in October on Thurs, Fri and Sat 4PM-6PM (happy hour timing, LV time, PCT, BRING A DRINK to share *kidding*).
Albeit you may not get a chance to walk around the room unless you request someone to carry the iPads around....BUT... Just let us know if you'd like to attend virtually. we're more than happy to accommodate and see you "in person" per se. :)

We hope to see you there and if not in 2021, at least by October 2023 as that will be our 25th year of NetworkJC. We plan to make it a blowout weekend.. :D

Last edited:
This will be my first NJC since I left Las Vegas.

I could swing the current rates for the Cosmo, but where are the price conscious regional FO’s staying these days?

Anyone want to split a room?

I’ll probably check in with family, but crashing there seems counter-productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and we are booked.....

October 21-24, Cosmopolitan, Wraparound Terrace with a request for a view of the Marquee Dayclub (like last year). :D

We have our 2nd vaccine next weekend and then we should be golden for the rest of the year (for anyone that wants to meet in Vegas before October...altho we will still have to wear masks I bet).

Back