Nice Little Gesture.......

Seggy

For those that work at my airline on a memo from the crew website...

With our busy summer season upon us and the holiday quickly approaching, we once again look to the heart of our company to take care of our passengers. We want to thank each and every one of you for your contribution in making Colgan Air the carrier of choice in many communities throughout the United States. From Canada to Texas, our spirit is alive and well.

Many of you will be scheduled to work during this Fourth of July weekend. For those of you who will be serving our customers this holiday weekend, we will be recognizing your contribution in a special way. All those who have
perfect attendance from Thursday, July 2, though Sunday, July 5, will be entered into a special drawing. Those who are entered will be eligible to win a $500 gift card. A total of five gift cards will be awarded (one from each group). The more you are scheduled to work and have perfect attendance the more chances you have to win. For example, a crewmember is scheduled to work the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, they would be entered three times. If a crewmember is scheduled 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th but only works their schedule for three of the four days they would not be eligible for the drawing.

Perfect attendance is defined as being on time and working your scheduled shifts for the entire period.

Have a safe and happy 4th!

So maintenance carry overs once again mean.... carry it over to the next maintenance station or to the end of the shift? :)

I guess its better than nothing but $2500 "bonus" up for grabs among the whole Colgan pilot group??

My wife gets a couple $800 bonuses a year working as a bank teller.

Don't take it the wrong way but Its still like a sister kisser for me.

At Mesa we had a perfect attendance bonus of a monthly $50,000 bonus that was split with all pilots (who had perfect attendance that month) flying United (and another 50k bonus for US Airways guys) IF we met certain completion / D0 / A+14 metrics which didn't happen very much in the first half of 2008 -- then once staffing stabilized and we were going to make the metrics they got rid of the bonus :p

I get an annual bonus of 10% of the total I grossed for the year for uh...well just because. :)

Yea, plus if you volunteer to be on reserve on July 4th or 5th, you get junior man pay automatically. But wait... theres more... it doesnt go on top of guarantee.

Jesus, we got the "Don't call in sick on, before or after the 4th or you need a doctor's note." That was it.

I guess its better than nothing but $2500 "bonus" up for grabs among the whole Colgan pilot group??

My wife gets a couple $800 bonuses a year working as a bank teller.

Don't take it the wrong way but Its still like a sister kisser for me.

One year I got $2500 in bonuses as a bank teller....at the age of 19.

I get an annual bonus of 10% of the total I grossed for the year for uh...well just because. :)

When I worked at USAA I got an annual bonus each year averaging at 17%, all in one paycheck second week of feb. You'd see people driving in in new BMWs the third week of feb!

Yea, plus if you volunteer to be on reserve on July 4th or 5th, you get junior man pay automatically. But wait... theres more... it doesnt go on top of guarantee.
lol...are there at least a lot of people hitting guarantee regularly? or is this truly just donating your time.

When I worked at USAA I got an annual bonus each year averaging at 17%, all in one paycheck second week of feb. You'd see people driving in in new BMWs the third week of feb!

My parents, sister, and I all have USAA, they are by far the best insurance company ever. They go above and beyond on any claim, and are the friendliest, most helpful insurance agency ever.

Ah crap, does that mean when I called out fatigued last night that I missed my chance at the drawing?

lol...are there at least a lot of people hitting guarantee regularly? or is this truly just donating your time.

Reserve guys start out at 40 hours of credit. Its really hit or miss if a reserve guy will go above guarantee. In may I credited maybe 55 hours? In June I got up to 79 hours, but that included a 3hr 45 minutes junior man pay.

So reserve guys who get called in on a holiday really feel like they are being abused.

ooooh...you dropped the F-Bomb on Scheduling? What did they do...push you to the limits?

They tried to extend my captain and I into an overnight, which then would have had us come back to the hub today and do a scheduled overnight. The captain did not have any overnight bags either.

I personally did not get good sleep the night before on my overnight. The shuttle driver made me wait for 25 minutes while he waited for another crew to arrive. Then when I got to the hotel the lady at the front desk helped out another person before getting to me. I wasnt in my room until 1230 and had to be up at 8am. So I didnt get to sleep until around 130. Then the next day was already scheduled to be a 12hr 30 minute duty day with 6 landings, and on the last flight we were scheduled for I just felt exhausted.

I would never call out fatigued unless I truly was, and this time I really was.

It turned out a plane broke at an outstation and they needed us to cover their stuff. The plane managed to get out of the out station anyway after a mechanic went out and signed it off, so we wouldnt have been used anyway.

Back