Nice Little Gesture.......

They tried to extend my captain and I into an overnight, which then would have had us come back to the hub today and do a scheduled overnight. The captain did not have any overnight bags either.

I personally did not get good sleep the night before on my overnight. The shuttle driver made me wait for 25 minutes while he waited for another crew to arrive. Then when I got to the hotel the lady at the front desk helped out another person before getting to me. I wasnt in my room until 1230 and had to be up at 8am. So I didnt get to sleep until around 130. Then the next day was already scheduled to be a 12hr 30 minute duty day with 6 landings, and on the last flight we were scheduled for I just felt exhausted.

I would never call out fatigued unless I truly was, and this time I really was.

It turned out a plane broke at an outstation and they needed us to cover their stuff. The plane managed to get out of the out station anyway after a mechanic went out and signed it off, so we wouldnt have been used anyway.

Way to set the standard, man. If you're tired, don't fly. Hopefully your colleagues take a lesson.

My parents, sister, and I all have USAA, they are by far the best insurance company ever. They go above and beyond on any claim, and are the friendliest, most helpful insurance agency ever.
Cause USAA is one of the best places to work. Everyone's happy. The campus at San Antonio is like a small city. There is a world-class fitness center (like 3 of them) there which only costs a small amount to gain a membership too, a huge bonus every year (assuming the association does well) and good salary -- good chances for advancement for people who try hard and the management treats their employees like people.

If you're managing a company and your worst fear is a union drive being started then look at USAA and treat your employees like that, it'll never happen.

They tried to extend my captain and I into an overnight, which then would have had us come back to the hub today and do a scheduled overnight. The captain did not have any overnight bags either.

I personally did not get good sleep the night before on my overnight. The shuttle driver made me wait for 25 minutes while he waited for another crew to arrive. Then when I got to the hotel the lady at the front desk helped out another person before getting to me. I wasnt in my room until 1230 and had to be up at 8am. So I didnt get to sleep until around 130. Then the next day was already scheduled to be a 12hr 30 minute duty day with 6 landings, and on the last flight we were scheduled for I just felt exhausted.

I would never call out fatigued unless I truly was, and this time I really was.

It turned out a plane broke at an outstation and they needed us to cover their stuff. The plane managed to get out of the out station anyway after a mechanic went out and signed it off, so we wouldnt have been used anyway.

Check this out: It's my first day off (of 2) and I had just restored my iPhone because it died while trying to update the iPhone OS so I lost all my ringtones -- including my special "Crew Stalker" ringtone so I know not to answer that call. My phone rings and I was expecting a call from the GF... I answer it without looking... STUPID.

It's crew tracking and they want to know if I want to volunteer for a stand up overnight in Rocksprings -- uhh, no I gotta go -- Wait wait wait, in that case you're being junior assigned to a stand up overnight at Rocksprings.

I could have said I wasn't available but really I didn't have anything else to do so I just went along with it because I had a day off I really wanted next week and they'd have to give it to me. So we fly to Rocksprings, have like 4 hours in the hotel room and right before taking a nap I check my email -- my furlough notice had just arrived by email while on a junior assigned stand up. The irony was too much-- I laughed for like 10 minutes.

They really wanted to get their last pay checks worth out of me too because I hit 16 hours a day 3 times the last week and every day was between 6-9 hours of block.

Check this out: It's my first day off (of 2) and I had just restored my iPhone because it died while trying to update the iPhone OS so I lost all my ringtones -- including my special "Crew Stalker" ringtone so I know not to answer that call. My phone rings and I was expecting a call from the GF... I answer it without looking... STUPID.

It's crew tracking and they want to know if I want to volunteer for a stand up overnight in Rocksprings -- uhh, no I gotta go -- Wait wait wait, in that case you're being junior assigned to a stand up overnight at Rocksprings.

I could have said I wasn't available but really I didn't have anything else to do so I just went along with it because I had a day off I really wanted next week and they'd have to give it to me. So we fly to Rocksprings, have like 4 hours in the hotel room and right before taking a nap I check my email -- my furlough notice had just arrived by email while on a junior assigned stand up. The irony was too much-- I laughed for like 10 minutes.

They really wanted to get their last pay checks worth out of me too because I hit 16 hours a day 3 times the last week and every day was between 6-9 hours of block.

That sucks man :(

I remember hearing a story (possibly from somebody on here) who was furloughed from TSA. While they were walking to the car after handing in all their stuff crew scheduling called and tried to JA them.

Yea, plus if you volunteer to be on reserve on July 4th or 5th, you get junior man pay automatically. But wait... theres more... it doesnt go on top of guarantee.

Where did it ever say that? I can personally vouch for the fact that the JRM goes ABOVE guarantee.

Don't believe every rumor, there are a few things that do get done right.

That sucks man :(

I remember hearing a story (possibly from somebody on here) who was furloughed from TSA. While they were walking to the car after handing in all their stuff crew scheduling called and tried to JA them.

There's a story that TSA tried to junior man someone while they were sitting in a CRJ class in Salt Lake (not for TSA). According to rumot, he accepted the trip. Take that HK!

Where did it ever say that? I can personally vouch for the fact that the JRM goes ABOVE guarantee.

I have never been able to test it out since every month I get JRM'd I go over guarantee. But every pilot I have talked to said they have never had it put on top.

and it was SF3 only...

Sent: 30JUN09 14:20
Priority:
High
To:
ALL-SF3-ALL
Subject:
7200: July 4th -5th draft pay
offering draft pay for all crew members who can work on the 4th and 5th. Please give crew scheduling a call, by working on either days we can accomadate you with another day off in the future, with reserve available on that day.

Thanks for your cooperation

I have had PLENTY of JRM credits and NONE of them went on top of guarantee. They just helped me get closer to guarantee and in one case, a JRM Credit bumped me up to go over guarantee by an hour or two.

That's one thing I hope you guys really get in your contract: minimum line value guarantee for the month.

Not just block or better per leg or trip, but the whole month.

At Eagle, we have that, and JM calls count as 150%, and I think that's all overblock.

OT is always overblock, even on Reserve.

Use our standards as leverage for your own. You guys really deserve better than what you're getting.

I have never been able to test it out since every month I get JRM'd I go over guarantee. But every pilot I have talked to said they have never had it put on top.

and it was SF3 only...

I certainly can't speak for what happened in the past, however, currently at Colgan two items are always paid OVER standard guarantee: JRM and Min Days Off.

JRM effectively raises your minimum guarantee for the month. For example, if you are JM'd once, your minimum monthly guarantee is now 78.75 hours. If you credit any less than that amount, you are paid 78.75 hours. If you credit more, then you get you actual credit.

Min days off (less than 10) are paid at 3.75 per day and that pay goes on top of your actual credit (except for Check Airmen). So you you only have 8 days off and credited 85 hours for the month, you will be paid 92.5 hours for that month.

Again, I can't speak as to what has happened for years past, but this is how we currently work. If you aren't being credited properly, email crewpay or shoot me a PM and I'll follow up personally.

We are trying our best to iron out issues as they arise (and they continually do!), but we can't fix something if we don't know about it.

Seriously? Dude, in 4 years I have never been paid JRM or min days off if I was under guarantee for that month.

I have been given the 3.75 over guarantee for min days off but I have never had a JRM credit go over guarantee. The last time I was offered a JRM credit I asked for it to go over guarantee and they told me "NOPE". If scheduling is wrong, then the company owes me for something around 5 or 6 JRM credits

I got junior manned last month, and it's on top of guarantee here (contractually). Didn't really make any difference since other than that, they flew me for 74 hours and 26 minutes. So, the only difference was it was paid at 125%.

Seriously? Dude, in 4 years I have never been paid JRM or min days off if I was under guarantee for that month.

I have been given the 3.75 over guarantee for min days off but I have never had a JRM credit go over guarantee. The last time I was offered a JRM credit I asked for it to go over guarantee and they told me "NOPE". If scheduling is wrong, then the company owes me for something around 5 or 6 JRM credits

Again, I can't speak as to what has happened for years past, but this is how we currently work. If you aren't being credited properly, email crewpay or shoot me a PM and I'll follow up personally.

That says it all, I'm being a bit lazy this morning.

Back