Next year...

Seggy

Us Colgan folk need to have our vacation bids in by the 16th. Do you have the dates set up for next year yet?

Mark

Us Colgan folk need to have our vacation bids in by the 16th. Do you have the dates set up for next year yet?

Mark

It has been the 42nd week of the year the past few years. Think Kristie has been trying to keep it the same.

That would make it week of Sun Oct 11.
Sounds earlier, but that is what I see.

i'm looking at the 43rd week of the year, i think, which makes it around the 17 - 21 again.

Vacation bids are out... AAAAAAAAND...

I got the 17th through the 23rd, as requested.

Score. Yo.

See ya'll next year at NetJC '09!

YAY!!!!

believe it or not... i'm not having too much luck with vegas or DC for next year... not sure yet what we're gonna do. :(

rates in DC are too high for both rooms and meeting space...most places want to charge $10K+ just for meeting space and at least (!) $150/night for rooms... OUCH! I've got to stay under $4K at least... if not more....esp if we want to have a speaker again and av equipment.

rates for rooms on the strip are too high that i can't guarantee the amount of rooms they'd want for the MGM ($169/night) and without guaranteed rooms, we can't rent MGM conference rooms (believe it or not!)...Planet Hollywood is out entirely (unless they bring their meeting room requirements WAY down)....so the two places i wanted to use are basically out. i can't believe Vegas isn't massaging their rates to the economy right now.

Has anyone ever stayed at the imperial palace? i did get a decent proposal from them but i've never stayed there... not sure if it'd be better or just as decent as the Sahara...

YAY!!!!

believe it or not... i'm not having too much luck with vegas or DC for next year... not sure yet what we're gonna do. :(

rates in DC are too high for both rooms and meeting space...most places want to charge $10K+ just for meeting space and at least (!) $150/night for rooms... OUCH! I've got to stay under $4K at least... if not more....esp if we want to have a speaker again and av equipment.

rates for rooms on the strip are too high that i can't guarantee the amount of rooms they'd want for the MGM ($169/night) and without guaranteed rooms, we can't rent MGM conference rooms (believe it or not!)...Planet Hollywood is out entirely (unless they bring their meeting room requirements WAY down)....so the two places i wanted to use are basically out. i can't believe Vegas isn't massaging their rates to the economy right now.

Has anyone ever stayed at the imperial palace?
i did get a decent proposal from them but i've never stayed there... not sure if it'd be better or just as decent as the Sahara...

Not sure of the exact location, but everyone I have talked with that has stayed there has said, 'it's a hotel' nothing more. I would place it on the same level as the Sahara but no better.

YAY!!!!

Has anyone ever stayed at the imperial palace? i did get a decent proposal from them but i've never stayed there... not sure if it'd be better or just as decent as the Sahara...

I stayed at the Imperial Palace once.

It wasn't bad. On the whole, I'd say it was better than the Sahara.

Much closer to everything of interest, too.

I stayed at the Imperial Palace the first time I came to NJC in 06. It was a decent hotel with average rooms. They do tend to be cheap and/or have specials going on as they got sucked into the Harrah's conglomerate a couple of years ago and they try hard to draw folks there. Location is muuuuuch better than the Sahara though.

I say NJC 09 should be a cruise...let's say Bahamas or somewhere in the Carribean ;)

I was reading in Business news that with the economy Vegas Hotels such as MGM Grand and other big Vegas Hotels are just trying to stay afloat as of right now...that might be th reason that their prices are so high. Ben (my husband) and I are really wanting to make it to NJC in '09...hopefully the cards fall right :)

The room rates in Vegas will go down. They have no choice. They need to make them cheaper so the tourist have more money to spend on tables and slots. With multi million dollar losses reported in one month I wouldnt be surprised if we see rooms at premium hotels like MGM and Bellagio below $100 a night after the holidays.

Shoot, the week before NJC I was getting emails from the MGM for $69/per night and free upgrade to next level of rooms.

Back