News - Bad day with a new KA

It may be an old saying, but if, by some great misfortune, you find yourself in a similar situation: Step up into the life raft.

I know the plane will eventually sink, but it's a lot easier to find a huge white airplane with an ELT and a yellow raft next to it, than it is to find a yellow raft.

These guys look like they were hoping to paddle home.

I like the way they closed the door! Smart thinking if it stays afloat the NTSB will be able to figure out what went wrong!

Bp244

Here's a riddle...
#1) If you don't fill the nac tanks first, how much can you be short in a 90?
#2) If you don't turn on the pumps, how much fuel won't transfer to the nac tanks?

#1 + #2 = ????????

Amazing that a pilot would go out over open water and not give consideration to PNR, ETOPS, etc.

My bet is that these were not pilots that do ferry flights for a living....probably the owner or the owner's pilots...fresh out of FSI

Amazing that a pilot would go out over open water and not give consideration to PNR, ETOPS, etc.

My bet is that these were not pilots that do ferry flights for a living....probably the owner or the owner's pilots...fresh out of FSI

That happens a lot down there, to be honest. I ferried a 402 from MA to Puerto Rico once, and there were guys pushing it non-stop from FL in order to avoid customs. No thanks, I stopped in the Bahamas.

Amazing! I pucker up when leaving the shoreline entering a NAT and seeing the "check fuel at destination" message illuminated.

It's very sad, that KA is (was) really nice.

If the water is deep enough you can tell any story you want about why both engines quit. Any story that is except you simply didn't buy enough fuel...

How about this one?

Gremlin002.png

Back