New Year Resolutions?

FlyChicago,

I kinda like your goals. Can I copy them?

BTW, what part of Chicago are you located in?

Thanks.

Actually, it's not Kolzig, it's their defense. They've got a lot of young defensemen who are just learning how to play in the NHL, so Kolzig is seeing a lot of shots and on top of that, a lot of them are high quality scoring chances. Other than Gonchar, none of the guys playing D are really stellar players.

Still, with all the talent the Crapitals have (Jagr, Bondra, Gonchar, Lang, Greer, Kolzig, and Zubris come to mind) they should be a hell of a lot better than they are. They need to see if they can shake off their horrid start and claw their way into the playoffs.

My goals finish my Instrument Rating and start my commercial multi and possibly move to PHX. for Pan Am Academy.

And maybe get a 04 Nissan 350Z....

Fat chance on the car but we can all dream right...

Matthew

My NewYears Resolution is to:

1.)Not let dating girls consume my every thought.

2.)Date a girl

3.) Decide if I want to become a pilot or a flight attendant and pursue which ever to the best of my abilities.

4.)Prevent Matthew from trading in his car for 350Z. It's not gonna happen deal with it already
tongue.gif

Corrie

[ QUOTE ]
FlyChicago,

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha sure thing. They aren't copyrighted!
smile.gif

I'm from the southside, in the city. You?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FlyChicago,

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha sure thing. They aren't copyrighted!
smile.gif

I'm from the southside, in the city. You?

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense but I have heard some bad things bout the southside of Chi town.

Maybe you can confirm,clear up or deny what I have heard.

My friends wife is orginally from Batesville IN. and they live in Chicago. So she would fly ATA or Chicago Express home to Indianapolis quite frequently.

First she told me that when they lived on the southside not too far from Midway that there mailmen were selling crack door to door when delivering the mail.

There were ahost of other very interesting stories as well.

Furthermore she said one time she flew home outa MDW and she said some ghetto black women kept followin her around saying nice coat and starin her down and had apprarently chased her thru the airport parking lot or something.

Anyways talked to her over Christmas cause all this happened years ago and they have since moved out to Crystal Lake. But asked her if she still flies home outa MDW she was like @#$% no never again no more she now flies American outa ORD.

Funny stuff.

Matthew

I'm going to eat less grapefruit in 2004. I don't really like grapefruit so I figure this should be an easy resolution to keep.

Well since I grew up here, I don't really think of it as a "rough" neighborhood. My friends from the suburbs hold a different opinion. I guess when you grow up on the streets of a large city, you get pretty streewise to things that others don't. My neighborhood is actually the "nicest" or "most expensive" or something in Chicago. But my house is pretty small. There are just some BIG houses around here.

The area around MDW isn't bad either. It's a little more rough than my area, but I still can walk down the street at night to get food at some local joints without worry. There is crime, but it's the city. Sure ain't the west side!
smile.gif

I think it's funny though, about the drug thing. When I was in Champaign during college, people would say "oh, don't go north of University Ave, it's rough. They sell crack up there." Well little do any of those students know that there was a crack house and a grocery store that was a drug supplier right near the main campus, in campustown. The grocery store parking lot connected to the parking lot of my apartment complex. I'd sit in the lot with this bum that hung out around there, and we'd watch people head in and out the back door to get their stuff. He was the one that tipped me off about it. I would always laugh, because everyone was oblivous to it... thinking it was "only up north of Uni Ave", and "not in their area." HA. Riiiiight. That stuff is everywhere.

If you want, let me know about those mailmen selling door to door... my Dad is a Postal Inspector (Detective), that would be interesting information... J/k.
smile.gif

1.) Begin lessons in the summer and into next school year
2.) Get good grades
3.) Win nationals in hockey
4.) Do well in lacrosse
5.) Keep flying

So your streetwise huh? Cool well I myself have never been to Chicago proper only the suburbs.

This guy in my psych class semester shared in class that he had been ina psych ward before.

Seems he and a friend were just strollin through the heart of the real Chicago ghetto at night (Caprini Green maybe) in Tommy Hilfiger and other nice clothes and they were spotted by police officers who promptly arrested em and took to a hospital to be put under evaluation.

Seems if your preppy looking and blonde/blue you shouldn't be in the ghetto unarmed.

But what he failed to share with the police was that he and his friend were down there tryin to score some weed.

Ahhhh now it makes sense....

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
Seems he and a friend were just strollin through the heart of the real Chicago ghetto at night (Caprini Green maybe) in Tommy Hilfiger and other nice clothes.....preppy looking and blonde/blue...tryin to score some weed.

[/ QUOTE ]
And these guys were actually smart enough to get into college, eh?
crazy.gif

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Seems if your preppy looking and blonde/blue you shouldn't be in the ghetto unarmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The area you mentioned isn't too far from some nicer areas full of trendy young adults. My friend, a Chicago cop, works in the 18th district, a mix of expensive yuppy middle-aged adults, young trendy 20-somethings, and projects. Easy to go a few blocks and be in the "wrong area." She has plenty of stories of busting a bar fight between 25-year old preppy frat types, then going down the street to arrest some skells throwing bricks at cars outside their housing complex.

In my wild and crazy days (a few years ago) we used to go down to the bars on Rush & Division all the time, we would drive right through Cabrini to get there. As soon as you passed the Dunkin Doughnuts, suddenly you're in a 'good' part of town. You just have to keep your eyes open, but don't be afraid! Personally I'm from a small farm town, every part of this city used to scare me!

My New Year's Resolutions:
1: Lose my last 10 pounds of baby weight (I'm already on slim-fast, thought about Atikins, but I know I couldn't make it work)
2: Finally get that Instrument rating

LOLOLOL These are all great to read...but mine are real simple:
1) Pass my Multi Checkride next Monday
2) Pass my CFI
3) Pass my CFII
4) Pass my MEI
5) Get a CFI Job this summer
6) Build 200 Multi Hours
7) Make sure my Dad doesn't kill me before it's all over (now that's priceless)

is that too much to ask?

Clem
grin.gif

1. Commercial
2. CFII
3. Find me a damn woman (all of the good ones are taken, I swear!)
grin.gif

4. Stop that nasty speed habit (kiddin
wink.gif
)

quote][ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The area you mentioned isn't too far from some nicer areas full of trendy young adults. My friend, a Chicago cop, works in the 18th district, a mix of expensive yuppy middle-aged adults, young trendy 20-somethings, and projects. Easy to go a few blocks and be in the "wrong area." She has plenty of stories of busting a bar fight between 25-year old preppy frat types, then going down the street to arrest some skells throwing bricks at cars outside their housing complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well dude was definately from the suburbs of Chicago I can tell cause he is drivin a phat a$$ "whip" (for all those that don't know "whip" is slang for a phat ride...lol) 03 BMW X5 with all the bells and wistles.

Apparently they thought it'd be kool to walk around the ghetto. I'm black and wouldn't walk around Cabrini Green
tongue.gif

Though my aunt does live in Calumet Park never been there tho heard it is a nice area is it?

Matthew

P.S. Just noticed Flychicaga that the planes in your avatar were SAAB's thought they were 757's from the backs.

[ QUOTE ]
1: Lose my last 10 pounds of baby weight

[/ QUOTE ] I need to do this too-wanna race for motivation?
laugh.gif

Back