New President at jetBlue

WestIndian425

Robin Hayes, JetBlue Airways chief commercial officer and executive vice president, will take over as president on Jan. 1, the carrier said Thursday;

Robin Hayes (JetBlue Airways)

“JetBlue will soon enter its 15th year, very well positioned in an incredibly challenging business,” said Dave Barger, who gives up the president’s job while remaining chief executive officer.

“Robin’s expertise and global airline experience will help JetBlue continue to strengthen and evolve our business. In addition, Robin’s values are a great match for JetBlue’s enviable culture, which is the foundation of our success,” Barger said.

In the reorganization, chief operating officer Rob Maruster will report to Hayes, who is adding operations to his oversight duties.

Hayes joined JetBlue in 2008 from British Airways, where he had been executive vice president for the Americas.

“I am honored to serve JetBlue’s crewmembers, customers and investors in this role,” Hayes said in the company’s press release. “My focus will be to ensure JetBlue grows profitably and sustainably by disrupting the industry and remaining true to our mission to inspire humanity. As a challenger brand in an otherwise commodity business, what differentiates JetBlue is our values-driven culture with crewmembers for whom service is part of their DNA.”
I've wondered if they'd want to bring Neeleman back, just like Apple did with Steve Jobs. Guess that's laid to rest.

Is he a pilot? Seems like pilots from one airline end up in executive positons at another, ie Jeff Carleson NWA fleet CA goes to Jet Blue as VP Flt Ops and Howard Attarian goes from NWA 757 CA to UAL VP of Flt Ops via National ALPA.
W

Is he a pilot? Seems like pilots from one airline end up in executive positons at another, ie Jeff Carleson NWA fleet CA goes to Jet Blue as VP Flt Ops and Howard Attarian goes from NWA 757 CA to UAL VP of Flt Ops via National ALPA.
W

Nope, he's a suit, through and through. Spent some time at British Airways doing executive things and has been with JetBlue since 2008.

Nope, he's a suit, through and through. Spent some time at British Airways doing executive things and has been with JetBlue since 2008.

It's a good thing to have a "suit" running the company. I don't care who runs the company as long as they are good business leaders, and make decisions that keep the company profitable.

Back