New N1KE...Nike Company Plane

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
This is one helluva sexy looking machine...

2284205.jpg

Previous N1KE:
2074578.jpg

Yes, because deploying a thrust reverser at taxi speed will save your brakes.

You don't know why they deployed it, but nice try.

From my limited experience in the Citation XL/S, part of the taxi check involves a bucket deploy and emer stow. If the plane spotter catches a picture of this ... Doug will passive aggressively call them out on it.
;)

You don't know why they deployed it, but nice try.

From my limited experience in the Citation XL/S, part of the taxi check involves a bucket deploy and emer stow. If the plane spotter catches a picture of this ... Doug will passive aggressively call them out on it.
;)

Fair enough. And the other Doug will too. ;)

Can't taxi single engine in big G's. Something to do with lack of hydraulic interconnect between left and right.

General Dynamics has one out of IAD as well. I would NOT want to be responsible for taxiing it down the lane by the Landmark ramp.

If I remember right, N1KE was a G-III back in the early 90s when I was a line guy at KSDL and would service it when it visited.

Can't taxi single engine in big G's. Something to do with lack of hydraulic interconnect between left and right.

General Dynamics has one out of IAD as well. I would NOT want to be responsible for taxiing it down the lane by the Landmark ramp.
Not to get too into it, but at least on the 450 (and I have had 550 differences, no mention of any difference there), yes you can taxi single engine. The problem is when you get into a rush like my dip.... "training captain" did and try to taxi single engine on the right engine. Left Hyd powers NWS. There is a checklist for single engine taxi in the 450, anyways. He just didn't brief he was going to do this, nor did he use the checklist for it. I just sat back and said teach me more...

Also, there's a PTU (Power Transfer Unit) that connects most of the hyd systems, but omits little things like NWS, ground spoilers, etc. It sucks to lose left and aux hyd systems in the airplane. Just saying...

Do they cancel in the air or at the gate? Cause really, that is all that is really important to those of us on JetCareers.

Back