New N1KE...Nike Company Plane

In the picture JLF posted, it's the taxi lane that goes between the chevron'ed area and the hangar that's making the shadow.

That looks like a G for reference in the lower right corner. Not sure which model, however.
The picture helped. Your earlier post wasn't very clear to why that is a issue. Pretty tight taxi area.

Why is it that 99% of all Gulfstreams are painted extremely bland and understated? Is it just classy that way?

IMO the best looking corporate plane is the Oakley Challenger... to think that Oakley came to where it is from a humble man named Jim Jannard selling rubber dirtbike grips out of his trunk!

Anyhow, off topic... I like the new N1KE a lot... but the G550?... I don't really follow what the paint is supposed to be.

Why is it that 99% of all Gulfstreams are painted extremely bland and understated? Is it just classy that way?

IMO the best looking corporate plane is the Oakley Challenger... to think that Oakley came to where it is from a humble man named Jim Jannard selling rubber dirtbike grips out of his trunk!

Anyhow, off topic... I like the new N1KE a lot... but the G550?... I don't really follow what the paint is supposed to be.
It's because most people with money like to be low key. Especially the ones that have had money for a long time. Some newer money people like to be a little flashy some times, but for the most part it's all about a lack of "ramp presence". They want their airplane stuck in a corner of the ramp while they are at a destination. They don't want every person who comes through an FBO to notice their airplane. For a company though, it can be a flying advertisement.

It's because most people with money like to be low key. Especially the ones that have had money for a long time. Some newer money people like to be a little flashy some times, but for the most part it's all about a lack of "ramp presence". They want their airplane stuck in a corner of the ramp while they are at a destination. They don't want every person who comes through an FBO to notice their airplane. For a company though, it can be a flying advertisement.

Even some companies like to be super low-key. A company with a large flight department might get some investors panties in a bunch.

From what I understand, here in St. Louis, when Anheuser-Busch had a large flight department, you never would have known it. Despite all of the advertisement they pretty much do wherever they can, their planes were the definition of understated: pure white with black tail numbers. That's it.

Now that they are owned by someone else, I'd be willing to bet the number of airplanes they have has been significantly reduced.

In the picture JLF posted, it's the taxi lane that goes between the chevron'ed area and the hangar that's making the shadow.

That looks like a G for reference in the lower right corner. Not sure which model, however.
100 foot wingspan or whatever, I wouldn't want to go in there. Yeesh

Because it doesn't cruise out at .8+ in FL's? pssssht. It all looks the same from up there. Don't knock it until you've tried it. It might not climb like the Lear you flew before but I bet it ain't far from it. Now, I don't have a fetish for the excel, but I challenge anyone to push 'em up in that airplane and then say it's not a real jet. The 145 reminds me of the CJ... That's where you were going with that I think.

I think you need to go at least .75 to be considered a jet...

Even some companies like to be super low-key. A company with a large flight department might get some investors panties in a bunch.

From what I understand, here in St. Louis, when Anheuser-Busch had a large flight department, you never would have known it. Despite all of the advertisement they pretty much do wherever they can, their planes were the definition of understated: pure white with black tail numbers. That's it.

Now that they are owned by someone else, I'd be willing to bet the number of airplanes they have has been significantly reduced.
That's very true. My use of the word business was directed more at Nike and Oakley in this case. Should've clarified. There are a lot of huge flight depts that are very inconspicuous.

I tried for a while to get on with Phoenix Air out of Cartersville, GA...they have 13-14 of the G-I's. Love the sound the RR Darts make :)

Same here. There was one for the longest time until just recently here at TUS, N4NA was it's registration.

Too, there was a company here at KTUS that flew the Vickers Viscount for a long time as a charter plane for various bands and celebrities. Hearing their airplanes operate was the same thing. They're since closed up shop in the 90s, with all their planes getting scrapped except for one.

Back