*New Material*

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
A couple of new "Jon Reed's" and a section I wrote on the flight home yesterday entitled "Recurrent Training" under "airline flying"

Enjoy!

Wohhooo!

This = less bored at work.

grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Strangely, the hardest part for me is finding five days of “business casual” to wear during training.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, we were able to perform satisfactorily in the simulator on Day four and were able to receive credit for all of our maneuvers. So our checkride consisted of me performing a 1600 RVR instrument takeoff and engine failure at V1, a single-engine ILS, a two-engine ILS glideslope out approach and a single-engine missed approach. The captain executed an engine failure before V1, a raw data VOR approach, missed approach, a single-engine approach, and a landing with a flap malfunction.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No NDB!!!
wink.gif

Dave

Oh yeah, we did an NDB on the second day of simulator training. Pretty easy though.

My memory fails me!
smile.gif

Doug ... I just finishing reading your article on Recurrent Training, sounds like 5 days of fun. Thanks for the well written article which included lots of great information and keeps junior pilots like myself informed.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug ... I just finishing reading your article on Recurrent Training, sounds like 5 days of fun. Thanks for the well written article which included lots of great information and keeps junior pilots like myself informed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the thanks! That's why the website's here my man!

I'm waiting to see how many days it takes Iain to see my London Tube "Mind the Gap" sticker on my flight kit in the picture!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice Doug!! I am impressed!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone thinks the sticker is something profane so I've got to explain that it's a London Tube inside joke.

It's one of my pieces of "Flair"

My first time riding in the tubes and I hear this "MIND THE GAP". Why don't they ask you to "MIND THE TRAIN"? Maybe all the English would be stuck in that gap without the signs and warnings.

^^ You are not meant to go on the tracks and get in the way of the train!!

I think the crowd in rush hour are far more dangerous then the gap!

Now I've got "...Embankment....Embankment... Embankment..." stuck in my head! hahaha!

The Jetstream has a placard above the door that says "Mind your head." For some reason it always struck me as funny., especially when listening to the FA tell the disembarking pax "mind your head, mind your head."

[ QUOTE ]
It's one of my pieces of "Flair"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh God tell me this is not required!?
grin.gif

Yeah, I've got seven pieces of "flair" on my flight kit:

left.JPG

"Nine Inch Nails"

top.JPG

Obvious!

side.JPG

"Furloughed but not Forgotten", "APSA - Airline Pilot Security Alliance", "London Tube"

right.JPG

"Korn" sticker, "ALPA PAC 2002", "ALPA PAC 2003 - Capitol Club Member"

Hi Doug,

You'd make a fine good ambassador for our renowned London Underground. Do you fancy a career change?

How about setting up tubecareers.com?

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Back