Firebird2XC

Fact:

There's a vacancy bid out at Eagle. :)
50+ Captain slots or so, for the spring. :D
20 or so DFW/ERJ Displacements. :(

ALSO-

Rumors:

Here are the juicy ones I heard this morning. :crazy:

Eagle will commence hiring of First Officers in January. Drop that resume now!

All AA Flowbacks will be gone from Eagle back to AA by about the same time period. Apparently with retirements, etc, AA is looking at a personnel shortage. They're sucking up furloughees as fast as their training department can handle them.

There are, unfortunately, also plans (not rumors) to Displace 20 some-odd ERJ FOs here in DFW. I won't be affected, but there will be some rounding out of other bases, I assume. There are 330+ FOs here and a good lot of us sit RSV perpetually, so logistically that makes sense... in a reactionary sort of way.

Good news for the AA/AE crowd, either way. No immediate furlough concerns, potential movement (however little) in the seniority list and new jobs for a few up-and-comers. :rawk:

You could try the ATR. You should hold a line.

On the TP pay scale? Have you been drinking? :rolleyes:

Do the math, bro. I'd have to fly 90+ hours a month in a TP to make the same money I'd get sitting RSV playing X-Box while bidding any Jet.

My biggest fear during the displacement round was that I'd wind up on the ATR. Nothing against the plane- but the payscale sucks!

I can get paid 30% a month to sit and play X-Box and fly a few turns a week. This arrangement works for me. :)

Is Airline Apps the only way to apply?

I believe so. That's how I applied. Make sure you fill in EVERYTHING that applies or requires an answer and you're exact and correct. Don't forget any attachments you might have.

Scratch up some letters of recommendation for yourself. That matters.

Make it shine. Keep in mind, you're likely competing with lots of guys that have previous 121 experience and possibly time in the aircraft they're hiring for. Bring your A game.

... and if you DO get an interview.. WEAR A SUIT. We have people sent home every week because they showed up in khakis or something.

How many captains have been displaced? I talked to a guy Thursday in ORD who had just upgraded (after 7.5yrs) to LGA EMB CA this summer and is already getting displaced back to FO. Are those CA slots going to cover more than just the displaced CA's (i.e. any new upgrades)?

I believe so. That's how I applied. Make sure you fill in EVERYTHING that applies or requires an answer and you're exact and correct. Don't forget any attachments you might have.

Scratch up some letters of recommendation for yourself. That matters.

Make it shine. Keep in mind, you're likely competing with lots of guys that have previous 121 experience and possibly time in the aircraft they're hiring for. Bring your A game.

... and if you DO get an interview.. WEAR A SUIT. We have people sent home every week because they showed up in khakis or something.

Thanks for the info! I actually saw on Eagle's website a month ago that they were accepting resumes for future positions, so I sent in my application via Airline Apps. I just wanted to make sure there were no other steps needed to be taken in terms of applying.

Where on the application could I attach letters of recommendation? Everything on the application is all filled out and I didn't see anywhere I could attach additional documents.

I jumpseat on Eagle (and AA) very often and they're always very professional and nice, and mostly happy.

What about those guys who completed part of that Flight Safety program and then were told to go home? Are they still in a hiring pool?

I jumpseat on Eagle (and AA) very often and they're always very professional and nice, and mostly happy.

What about those guys who completed part of that Flight Safety program and then were told to go home? Are they still in a hiring pool?

They told us the same thing they told everyone else "We will keep your information in case hiring begins again the future ::Click::"

good news for poolies, to back up what was said earlier...yes Tiffany told us that were all in a pool till they started hiring again.

we'll see over the next few months

Back