New Eagle Rumors

I can tell. Whenever I log in, you're playing Rock Band or something.

If and when I'm ever not broke enough to afford some new games we should play or something.

So much for that. Xbox red lighted on me today. Not red RING, but one flashing red light. Something in the AV section is fried according to the stuff I read on the net. Which makes sense b/c when I tried playing Fable II, I got this freaky red screen thing (got pics if anyone REALLY cares). Maybe it just blew up from the awesomeness of Fable II. Unfortunately, I have to send it in to get if fixed with a turnaround time of 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, it still had 1 day left on the warranty, so I don't have to pay anything. That's right one DAY. If it had fried on Monday, I'd be paying for it. :)

How many captains have been displaced? I talked to a guy Thursday in ORD who had just upgraded (after 7.5yrs) to LGA EMB CA this summer and is already getting displaced back to FO. Are those CA slots going to cover more than just the displaced CA's (i.e. any new upgrades)?

I'm not really sure. A lot of the displaced captains were flowbacks, and they'll be going. Not really sure how else it'll go.

Since we're not parking as many 135's as previously planned and we're recovering the TSA leased 145's as well, things may fare better for recent upgrades than previously.

So much for that. Xbox red lighted on me today. Not red RING, but one flashing red light. Something in the AV section is fried according to the stuff I read on the net. Which makes sense b/c when I tried playing Fable II, I got this freaky red screen thing (got pics if anyone REALLY cares). Maybe it just blew up from the awesomeness of Fable II. Unfortunately, I have to send it in to get if fixed with a turnaround time of 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, it still had 1 day left on the warranty, so I don't have to pay anything. That's right one DAY. If it had fried on Monday, I'd be paying for it. :)

Now that there is timing, if I ever saw it.

My friend said he got his back pretty fast, a week or so.

I was told it was two classes, the may 28th and june 9th classes about 45 people most of them went through the jet program that eagle covered.

we'll see

Latest rumor is that the CRJ arbitration has come in and Eagle can get 25 more CRJ's

anyone have anything more on this?

Latest rumor is that the CRJ arbitration has come in and Eagle can get 25 more CRJ's

anyone have anything more on this?

That's the big rumor goin' round.

Apparently some company reps were out looking over the 20-some-odd CRJs that Horizon parked.

I'll bet they could pick those up CHEAP.

If that happens, it'd negate the staff rearrangements due to the parking of 25 Saabs. The flowbacks would still be reverted to Eagle seniority, but everybody else up for an upgrade would ratchet up a few pegs. It'd lower the overall seniority date of Captains, too.

thanks firebird....keep the updates comin

I do what I can. Just keep in mind the things I say are just repeating secondhand information.

As always, anybody that'd like information about applying at Eagle is always welcome to post or PM me with questions.

November 10, 2008

American Eagle & Executive Airlines Pilots:
The majority of previously‐announced capacity reductions at American Eagle were implemented last
week. I am pleased to let you know that at this point we do not anticipate pilot furloughs as a
consequence of these or the prior schedule reductions.

Working closely with Eagle’s Flight Department, crew scheduling and Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
leadership, we’re relying on a combination of voluntary exit options, attrition and adjustments to bid
line values to achieve the overall staffing reductions required by the cutbacks in our schedule.
Therefore, no Eagle or Executive pilots will lose their job involuntarily as a result of the schedule changes
of the last several months.

Eagle’s Plan to Win has three major strategies: 1) Retain American as a Customer; 2) Position Eagle for
Growth; and 3) Align Employee Interests with those of Eagle. Although we all wish we were growing
rather than shrinking, we can take some satisfaction in the fact that we have kept AA’s flying – in fact,
recovered some flying from Trans States Airlines – and kept our employees’ interests and Eagle’s
interests aligned by avoiding pilot furloughs. By continuously improving our safety, reliability and
efficiency, we improve our chances of being able to grow (with AA and possibly with other airline
customers – and in other lines of business) when times improve.
I am proud of the fact that Eagle has the safest and most experienced team of aviators in the industry. I
know that the staffing changes to support our new schedule will require many of our pilots to make
changes to their base and/or preferred assignments. I know that some of these changes will be difficult
and I thank you in advance for your continued excellent performance in the face of all the change
happening around us.

We continue to have a significant cost disadvantage compared to our regional peers, and have seen
other regionals grant price reductions to their mainline partners to retain their flying contracts. While
we cannot rule out schedule and/or staffing reductions in the future, we have no plans to do so at the
current time. We are committed to navigating this difficult period with the objective of ensuring Eagle’s
long term success while simultaneously addressing employee interests to the greatest extent possible.
Although we are sure to face continued challenges as our economy and industry evolves, I am confident
that American Eagle will be a force in commercial aviation for years to come. Thank you for all you do to
fly safely, reliably and efficiently.

Peter Bowler
President & CEO

news: no furloughs!!!

rumors: classes by june/july 09

discuss
I've heard interviews will resume in December for January `09 classes.

Haven't heard anything to dispute that recently. If anyone else has - do tell. I try to stay out of the loop as much as possible. I come to work, do my job well, then go home. ;)

I know a guy in the pool who said he spoke with Claudette a day or so ago and she said June July classes. Who knows. I hope you are right though Stan, because I am ready!

Back