New Credit Card Style Pilot's Licenses

Re: New Credit Card Style Pilot\'s Licenses

I'll have to bite the bullet and finally go get my MEI so I can get one of these shiny new certificates!
smile.gif

Oh wait...I can't afford it, and even if I could, I don't currently have any possibility of giving any multi instruction whatsoever. I guess I'll just have to "lose" one of my other certificates if I want one.
smirk.gif

Getting my Gold Seal is definitely one of my goals before I move on from instructing. I think that would be cool. Gotta sign off some more students though!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
just think - we can now say to some of these young bucks on here, "Man, I can remember when we got our certificates on PAPER!"
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww I was gonna say that... beat to the punch
grin.gif

Idea: 'lose' your current one and then 'find' it after they send you the new one. That way you won't lose the paper one on your next checkride (the examiner needs to take it). You'll have your very own piece of history
grin.gif

By the way.... how much is a new cert if you lose your current one?

off the subject..........but what does it take to become a gold seal flight instructor anyway and what are the benefits of becoming one?

thanks
Kelly

Great! Now if only they let us supply the photo we want on the license, that would be killer!

Be a CFI and either an AGI or IGI (Adv./Inst. Ground Inst.). Within a period of 24 months have signed off at least 10 students for checkrides, and of those at least 8 must pass on their first try (basically, just maintain an 80% pass rate). I think thats about it. Advantages? None really, except it just signifies to people (like your boss, potential customers, etc.) that you have a really good pass rate. And once its issued its permanent- it will be re-issued each time you renew your CFI regardless of how many students you sign off.

Come to think of it.... now is a great time to get my cert # changed.

Credit card, huh?
Maybe you'll have to scan your card before the ignition is enabled.
grin.gif

I think that reason that there is no photo is that the PL is lifetime certificate. A photo taken when the certificate was issued 50 years before would be worthless.

Gold Seal CFI and 50 cents will buy you a coke.

New pilot license credit cards are just another way for the government to monitor your whereabouts.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gold Seal CFI and 50 cents will buy you a coke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like I said...no real huge advantage to it. But it doesn't cost anything either...and it could possibly give me leverage next time I try to prod the boss for a raise!
tongue.gif

Pretty cool ... hope my IA and superceding Comm ticket come in plastic.

What goes on the back of the license?

Pretty cool though. Cant wait to get mine. My checkride is Friday!!!
smile.gif

How long does it take to get them?

Thanks for the picture averyrm

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
How long does it take to get them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Between 2 to 3 months.

Wow

I was expecting like three or four buisiness days or something like that.

Tom

Right now you can expect a permanent certificate to take between 60-90 days. I do not see this changing. Your temporary is good for 120 days, and can be extended another 30 with fed approval.

You just know there will be a rush on the FAA to replace conveniently "lost" certificates, tho.
grin.gif

I think it's a perfect time to request a change to my cert. # from my SSN to something random, tho!

Back