New Commerical Pilot

That's great! Congratulations on passing!
smile.gif

Well....

When I took my PPL test (the first) everything was going fine till the examiner asked me to do a power on stall.

So I do it and were in the stall and I didn't have enough right rudder in and we were flying uncorordinated and the right wing dipped and we stalled and almost spun.

Examiner took the controls and guess who didn't get his PPL that day.
confused.gif

Guess it's not good to fly uncorodinated with an examiner in your plane on your checkride and also almost spin your 172.

The examiner even said after that "Matthew your a natural born pilot and your skills are very instictive and you were doing everything right up till then". I even greased the landing. Talk bout being pissed off....

Hmm is that gonna come back and haunt me (the failed check ride) when I have my turn at airline interviews?

Matthew

No it will not haunt you. No one ever asked me about my private checkride in 21 airline interviews!

If you don't bring it up they won't.

I've heard that sometimes they ask, "Have you ever failed a check ride?" Tell that story but do a beginning (describe the situation), middle (describe the event) AND most important, end it by telling them what you learned from it.

Always turn a negative in to a positive.

Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate the responses I've got here!

One thing I've learned from checkrides is that it's okay to fail them. The checkride is a learning experience for you. All the examiners are looking for is a safe pilot. If you can demonstrate that you are proficient at short/soft field landings, keeping your altitude, and all that jazz they may let you slide a little.

Anyhow, that's all from here! Thanks again everyone!

[ QUOTE ]
If you can demonstrate that you are proficient at short/soft field landings

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't feel like I do those well. I never feel like my soft field touchdown is soft enough and I never feel like my short field landing is short enough. Even though the FAA says it's good enough, I just don't feel like I do them well.

Back