New Camera Search

More love of the X100T from me.

These shots are JPEG's straight off the camera, with no editing whatsoever except some straightening on the interior shot. This thing is great.

DSCF9892-2.jpg

DSCF9890-2.jpg

Well, after more research and too many YouTube reviews...the LX10 was the winner. The focus stacking, fast lens, bit of zoom, value for the money & ergonomics were the deciding factors. Looking forward to shooting with it next week.

And nice pics @Adler

Well, after more research and too many YouTube reviews...the LX10 was the winner. The focus stacking, fast lens, bit of zoom, value for the money & ergonomics were the deciding factors. Looking forward to shooting with it next week.

And nice pics @Adler
There's something to be said about a true "hand held"...yesterday I found myself out with my 60D and 28/300 (which is a great combo, don't get me wrong)...but I was in a great spot for a wide angle, but my 10-22 was in the car...so I was left with a shot I loved, but could have been better.

I keep going back to "Do I need something more versatile?"...(#firstworldproblems)

Can't wait to hear about how you like the LX10. (I'm still sore about Nikon cancelling the DX)

There's something to be said about a true "hand held"...yesterday I found myself out with my 60D and 28/300 (which is a great combo, don't get me wrong)...but I was in a great spot for a wide angle, but my 10-22 was in the car...so I was left with a shot I loved, but could have been better.

I keep going back to "Do I need something more versatile?"...(#firstworldproblems)

Can't wait to hear about how you like the LX10. (I'm still sore about Nikon cancelling the DX)

Yep, I've been there in the past with my other camera/lens setups too. This should make a great everyday carry and a good companion when the Fuji comes out to play.

Revival of a old thread. I'm interested in switching into Fuji, thinking XT-2 or XT-20. I feel like I fell to deep into the interwebz and am reading some negative things about the x-trans Sensors regarding "snakes" and "waxy" looks. The more I read the more I think it's just elitist pixel peepers talking about it and it's nothing really. Any Fuji guys here have any thoughts? Just looking for a nice camera for everyday life..not professional work.

Revival of a old thread. I'm interested in switching into Fuji, thinking XT-2 or XT-20. I feel like I fell to deep into the interwebz and am reading some negative things about the x-trans Sensors regarding "snakes" and "waxy" looks. The more I read the more I think it's just elitist pixel peepers talking about it and it's nothing really. Any Fuji guys here have any thoughts? Just looking for a nice camera for everyday life..not professional work.

Still nothing but love for my X100t. Such a powerful little camera.

Yeah, pixel peeping nerds fo' sure. The X-Trans sensors are great and you can often spot a photo from a Fuji with ease (that's a good thing).

The LX10 has been good but not great. Had to send it back already to have the automatic lens closure/cover warrantied without a ton of use. Fav shots have been mainly macro oriented like the one below. Perhaps it's just me but I don't feel overly stoked to shoot with it. Kinda wish I'd stuck with the X100 series to be honest. Oh well, X-T3 is rumored this fall along with a new 15-45 pancake lens which would go great on an X-E3 or even my current X-T1. So with my new plane and international flying coming shortly I'll likely be changing my weekly camera game up yet again. Good hobby/problem to have :)

i-CJr4Xnd-L.jpg

Yeah, pixel peeping nerds fo' sure. The X-Trans sensors are great and you can often spot a photo from a Fuji with ease (that's a good thing).

The LX10 has been good but not great. Had to send it back already to have the automatic lens closure/cover warrantied without a ton of use. Fav shots have been mainly macro oriented like the one below. Perhaps it's just me but I don't feel overly stoked to shoot with it. Kinda wish I'd stuck with the X100 series to be honest. Oh well, X-T3 is rumored this fall along with a new 15-45 pancake lens which would go great on an X-E3 or even my current X-T1. So with my new plane and international flying coming shortly I'll likely be changing my weekly camera game up yet again. Good hobby/problem to have :)

i-CJr4Xnd-L.jpg

Your Lego Dude Instagram is fun to follow. I think I'm sold on switching to Fuji. I just have to decide, I forget the XE-3 is what first intrigued me.

I lug around a 5D MK 3 and honestly it's just to big to use regularly for me, I don't really enjoy shooting with it, and it's a little advanced for my skill set. It's in near mint condition as well as the 24-105 L I purchased for it, so I can easily use that to pay for a Fuji.

I was originally thinking the XE-3 with the 23mm lens they kit with it, then I started reading on the XT-20 and XT-2. I think I'd be happy with any of those.

Last edited:
Back