New Alaska TA

But how is cookie life? Those things smell so good.

I’ll be completely honest, today was the first time i ever tried the cookie, and it wasn’t even warm. Big letdown. I did have a smoked chicken and watermelon salad which was at least efficient.........80 miles to TOD, you gotta eat fast!

There is only one airborne chocolate chip cookie worth a damn. It was called Midwest Express…

If your cookie wasn't warm, it's because the lead FA didn't warm it up using the oven.

Honestly, that choc chip cookie is waaaaaaay too much sugar. I usually take two bites and toss it. No way can I finish that.

If your cookie wasn't warm, it's because the lead FA didn't warm it up using the oven.

Honestly, that choc chip cookie is waaaaaaay too much sugar. I usually take two bites and toss it. No way can I finish that.
I actually really like it, but I try and save them for my kids. Otherwise I’m going to gain soooooooo much weight.

Been at the airlines since 2007, this is only my second vote on a TA. I voted yes :)

This TA isn't perfect, but it meets my requirements in most nearly all the areas. Sure I wish we had better things in it, like 13 days off per month (regardless of month duration) for reserve. But taking the entire package in context, there is no single issue for which I would vote no. I've reviewed the full text, and feel comfortable with my yes vote.

2009 at my regional we got a TA and we voted it down. I voted no. It came back to haunt us in the 3 way regional airline merger when we still had a 1999 contract and were viewed as the inferior group in terms of pay/QOL, and the arbitrators cited that in the SLI award. In retrospect, I should have voted yes. Joined a non-union carrier in 2012 and never got any contract vote. There was an in-house union vote (which as best as I can recall, I voted no). Then there was an ALPA vote in 2015, and that I voted YES. A merger was bound to happen and I wanted ALPA for that reason alone. 9 months later, merger with AS. As part of the merger it was going to be a JCBA with arbitration at the back end. We didn't get to vote. Now that we are 2.5 yrs beyond the amendable date, this is now my second vote.

Yeah I found this to be true as well. I think I actually had exactly 2 bites. I don't really eat cookies ever, especially not chocolate chip (I don't like chocolate), but I felt like I'd just thrown so many out (in so few flights honestly) that I should try one. I guess I'll keep throwing them out. Side note, I've now flown with a couple LAX CA's (both former VX) and you guys are bros. Seriously good vibe.

Side note, I've now flown with a couple LAX CA's (both former VX) and you guys are bros. Seriously good vibe.

50F10AEE-252C-4969-8E18-54983D54B335.jpeg

It's a YES vote from me.

I'm a 16 year ANC Captain living in base.
I listened to the podcasts and watched the roadshow video. Our negotiating committee, subject matter experts and MEC leadership are intelligent, articulate, and in tune with the rest of the industry. I'll trust them with my livelihood for the next few years! Frankly I'm surprised at some of the things management agreed to. There are a lot of industry standard, if not industry-leading things in there. Scope, Pay, ALPA control over PBS and pairing construction, vacation (within PBS), reserve rules. All good stuff.
I'm happy with the payrates and the snap up clause (we snap up to the average of Delta, United, American, Southwest, and JetBlue when their new rates come). The retro pay is adequate. Remember, we went from full planes to empty flights and parking half the fleet in 2020. Management had their hands full trying to keep the airline afloat and ALPA negotiating committee was busy trying to keep everyone employed. I won't count that time against them and accept October 2021 as a lookback date. A true hour-for-hour retro pay program would be an accounting and IRS nightmare for both us and the company.
Disappointed in no 125% pay over 82ish hours, no WOCL override. But these aren't worth a no vote for me.

Last edited:
Back