New Alaska TA

I don’t know much about other companies scope clauses, how does 43% stack up? If this passes at least I’ll be making as much as a Mesa FO:rolleyes:.

058B0225-5E86-46C9-97C3-F3904A8680FE.jpeg

I hope y’all vote it down, it could and should be better. It feels like a “we can get 50%+1” kind of TA, when AS needs a “holy s$&!” kinda TA.

What specifically do you not like (just curious, to learn)?
I’ll reply more in length when I get to where I have my laptop, but within 30 mins of the TA getting published, I had 4 friends that are 3-6 year pilots at AS ask for a recommendation at my shop with a “F this place, I want out”

Seems the scope was lacking, the retro pay was short and the pay wasn’t where they expected.

Well you’ll note I don’t pipe up on other airlines QOL. Because I don’t work there. I don’t know, so I can’t comment.

Lmao.

You have piped up, and have commented, because you do bizarre things like look up other pilot's schedules at a company you don't work at.

Screenshot_20220924_001044.jpg

Alright, finally in a place where I can type and not on my phone. No CC, I don’t work for Air Group any longer and haven’t since beginning of this year…didn’t you even ask me if I was flying for Atlas? Anyways, in my simple view of it…this TA has some good stuff, and if this was a 2010’s era TA I’d probably have been for it. However, I feel like this one needed to be a GREAT TA, one that you couldn’t look at and punch holes in it. AAG drug their feet for so long on it, that y’all deserve to cash out/bro down. AS needs to do something to stop people from leaving, or at least give them pause.

Like I said previously, I’ve gotten a few “I’m out” texts from AS pilots that I consider to be good friends…ones that are giving up years of seniority/etc if (when) they punch out. That’s not something I take as an “emotional decision”…direct quote from one that has a class date at my new shop, “This is a bigger relief. I had made up my mind that I wasn’t going to stay, but this confirms my decision”.

The parts that I think needed to be improved drastically:
- Reserve days off. 12 has been PATHETIC, and the “additional day off on 31 day months”? That’s a kick in the pants. The wording of “released from further duty” at the discretion of Crew Scheduling after having reached their monthly guarantee gives me pause…even with the 2:50hr credit for each additional reserve day. Something about that just screams bad deal.
- Vacation Day Pay, 3:45 doesn’t cut it.
- 1 min of pay for every 2 mins delayed, after 2hrs past the original scheduled arrival time. Y’all’s time is worth more than that, esp given how SEA operates on the best of days. That’s an extra hour of pay if you’re delayed 4hrs getting home, if my maths correct.
- 401K contribution should be higher
- Signing bonus/retro pay…that’s another kick in the pants, esp given the AAG method of “negotiating”. One of my FO friends figures he’s owed somewhere in the mid $50K range with retro pay, and $22K isn’t anywhere in the same ballpark.
- Pay rates…I’d have liked to have seen higher rates honestly, given that the big 3 are going to go higher.

The PBS control/union built trips, that’s a huge win. Getting AS to agree to any scope language is huge. The ETOPS/Int’l Override is nice, but I wish they’d have made it red eyes too.

I guess the way I see it…y’all deserved to set the industry bar, and not just get to the industry bar…I want that for the number of people at AS that I can call friends. If y’all are happy with it and vote it in, awesome.

Alright, finally in a place where I can type and not on my phone. No CC, I don’t work for Air Group any longer and haven’t since beginning of this year…didn’t you even ask me if I was flying for Atlas? Anyways, in my simple view of it…this TA has some good stuff, and if this was a 2010’s era TA I’d probably have been for it. However, I feel like this one needed to be a GREAT TA, one that you couldn’t look at and punch holes in it. AAG drug their feet for so long on it, that y’all deserve to cash out/bro down. AS needs to do something to stop people from leaving, or at least give them pause.

Like I said previously, I’ve gotten a few “I’m out” texts from AS pilots that I consider to be good friends…ones that are giving up years of seniority/etc if (when) they punch out. That’s not something I take as an “emotional decision”…direct quote from one that has a class date at my new shop, “This is a bigger relief. I had made up my mind that I wasn’t going to stay, but this confirms my decision”.

The parts that I think needed to be improved drastically:
- Reserve days off. 12 has been PATHETIC, and the “additional day off on 31 day months”? That’s a kick in the pants. The wording of “released from further duty” at the discretion of Crew Scheduling after having reached their monthly guarantee gives me pause…even with the 2:50hr credit for each additional reserve day. Something about that just screams bad deal.
- Vacation Day Pay, 3:45 doesn’t cut it.
- 1 min of pay for every 2 mins delayed, after 2hrs past the original scheduled arrival time. Y’all’s time is worth more than that, esp given how SEA operates on the best of days. That’s an extra hour of pay if you’re delayed 4hrs getting home, if my maths correct.
- 401K contribution should be higher
- Signing bonus/retro pay…that’s another kick in the pants, esp given the AAG method of “negotiating”. One of my FO friends figures he’s owed somewhere in the mid $50K range with retro pay, and $22K isn’t anywhere in the same ballpark.
- Pay rates…I’d have liked to have seen higher rates honestly, given that the big 3 are going to go higher.

The PBS control/union built trips, that’s a huge win. Getting AS to agree to any scope language is huge. The ETOPS/Int’l Override is nice, but I wish they’d have made it red eyes too.

I guess the way I see it…y’all deserved to set the industry bar, and not just get to the industry bar…I want that for the number of people at AS that I can call friends. If y’all are happy with it and vote it in, awesome.

Appreciate this post, thank you.

Back