New aeroplane

TFaudree_ERAU

Mashin' dem buttons
Just a couple of quick shots (and quickly edited in PS4) from the ramp at TIST (St. Thomas). First time flying the Hawker since I got my ATP/type on Oct 27, and also my first time on the island. I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Its a Hawker 850XP by the way.

3051932264_b52bc423d7_o.jpg

3051932626_5cb503610b_o.jpg

3051095229_cecf2ab0f4_o.jpg

Amazing how it looks the exactly the same as the old -700 and -800 I fly......

....well, except for that Pro Line panel!

Glad to hear you like it. The Hawker is a nice airplane.

We got the winglets, and I've been told the 800/850 is a helluva lot quieter up front than the 700. Is that true?

I haven't flown an 850, but yes, the 800 is A LOT quieter than the 700. We often wear headsets in the 700 but we never do in the 800.

How do the TRs work on the 850? We don't have them on ours, but what I have been told they weren't very good on the old Hawkers. Do you still have Lift Dump?

How do the TRs work on the 850? We don't have them on ours, but what I have been told they weren't very good on the old Hawkers. Do you still have Lift Dump?

Yeah, lift dump is still there, and we have TRs, but I've yet to bring them to more than idle reverse. They're more useful for taxiing than slowing down on the runway. I'd probably use them on a super short runway, but you're already slowed to less than 100 knots by the time they are ready to rock and roll. One day when we're empty I might spool them up to see how well they work.

Beautiful plane!:nana2: The yoke on the other hand...:crazy:;)

btw could I hear your path on how you got to this stage in your life? if you don't mind?:)

Beautiful plane!:nana2: The yoke on the other hand...:crazy:;)

btw could I hear your path on how you got to this stage in your life? if you don't mind?:)

I'm actually starting to like the yoke. Its kind of like those that transition to a side stick (Cirrus, Columbia, etc). Once you get used to it, you like it.

I'll type up a PM with my background and send it to you, unless anyone else here is interested.

I'll type up a PM with my background and send it to you, unless anyone else here is interested.
Count me in as interested. Better yet write up an official 'Perspectives; article for Doug.

In other news, I met a Hawker guy today on the ramp @ KSWF. Flies for a private owner whenever he wants to go somewhere.

I'm actually starting to like the yoke. Its kind of like those that transition to a side stick (Cirrus, Columbia, etc). Once you get used to it, you like it.

Thanks alot!:nana2:

if its not too much of a hassle, i would love to hear your story. :)

Ok. Seems like there is enough interest for me to write up a perspectives article. I'll work on that this week and submit it to Doug for publishing, if he sees fit.

Haha, I've towed your airplane before. I kept on thinking it was a NetJets airplane because of the OS (looked like QS) and the colors.

I'm telling you guys, forget the airlines...some of the better jobs in aviation can still be found in corporate aviation...if you can find them...

Beautiful bird!!! :D

Back