Never leave home without.....

Boskru

So I've just started a new job in a corporate flight department. I've not been on the road much for a very long time and so I wanted to see what things (gizmos, tech stuff, bags etc) that current road warriors never leave home without.

A friend recommended an extra long cable for my phone charger. So far its been a good buy.

Tide-To-Go-Pen-Instant-Stain-Remover-037000018704.jpg

Last edited:
Ah reminded me of the best trick I ever heard, from an airline pilot...
If you lose a charger, or forgot to bring it in the trip, just walk into any hotel in the world and explain how you stayed there last week and forgot your charger in the room...they'll proceed to pull out a box full of 'em and you simply go shopping for one that fits.

So I've just started a new job in a corporate flight department. I've not been on the road much for a very long time and so I wanted to see what things (gizmos, tech stuff, bags etc) that current road warriors never leave home without.

A friend recommended an extra long cable for my phone charger. So far its been a good buy.
A jacket. Especially this time of year. I might be in Baja one day and Idaho the next. There's a year round permanent spot for my jacket on the airplane.

Have a, dare I say...back pack/satchel (Indiana Jones had one) with stuff you'll use every day. Phone chargers, misc crap. Stuff that you'll always need, over night or not. Then when you pack your overnight bag you won't have to worry about that stuff, you'll always have it. And a jacket, did I mention jacket?

b4dd7c8fjw1e1bc9f2o0pj.jpg

Zojirushi SV-GHE50 Tuff Slim Stainless Steel Vacuum Bottle, 17-Ounce
Tough as nails, keeps anything ice cold or really hot, you can load ice cubes in it, it's slim, and it never leaks. Use it for ice cold water, juice, hot coffee, tea, milk, soup, whatever. Even the cup is insulated. Also comes in larger/other sizes.

Last edited:
A jacket. Especially this time of year. I might be in Baja one day and Idaho the next. There's a year round permanent spot for my jacket on the airplane.

Have a, dare I say...back pack/satchel (Indiana Jones had one) with stuff you'll use every day. Phone chargers, misc crap. Stuff that you'll always need, over night or not. Then when you pack your overnight bag you won't have to worry about that stuff, you'll always have it. And a jacket, did I mention jacket?
Funny, just reminded me of a funny story. We were ferrying an airplane over to the other side and stopped in goose bay. Hung out in the terminal with a couple of corporate guys in short sleeves and no jackets. Boss was flying around the islands or something and needed to go to Canada for whatever reason. When they got there, the airplane broke!
I handed over my extra face mask and they were trying to find somewhere to buy some cloths when we left.

Funny, just reminded me of a funny story. We were ferrying an airplane over to the other side and stopped in goose bay. Hung out in the terminal with a couple of corporate guys in short sleeves and no jackets. Boss was flying around the islands or something and needed to go to Canada for whatever reason. When they got there, the airplane broke!
I handed over my extra face mask and they were trying to find somewhere to buy some cloths when we left.
You'll only foget your jacket once. Year round I have a normal light/med weight jacket in the plane. Winter months I put my heavy winter one in the baggage. I hate the cold.

b4dd7c8fjw1e1bc9f2o0pj.jpg

Zojirushi SV-GHE50 Tuff Slim Stainless Steel Vacuum Bottle, 17-Ounce
Tough as nails, keeps anything ice cold or really hot, you can load ice cubes in it, it's slim, and it never leaks. Use it for ice cold water, juice, hot coffee, tea, milk, soup, whatever. Even the cup is insulated. Also comes in larger/other sizes.
I need something like this, but read the Amazon reviews...How do you keep the inside of the cap clean? Sounds like folks have a problem with the liqids entering through the vent and have to take it apart.

Floss.

At least one in the small bag, one in the flight case, one in the outside of the suitcase, one on the inside of the suitcase.

I would suggest the following:
- Universal Adapter and converter (picked one up that has all the plugs incorporated in the adapter so I do not lose them).
- Phone charger with both the plug and USB side for easier charging.
- If you like coffee, try Starbucks VIA. Perfect when the coffee is marginal at best.
- Small pouch of critical medicine (Ibuprofen, imodium, tums/antacid, anti allergy pills, pedialite mix etc.)
- Small mag lite perfect for dark places and checking for bedbugs in hotels
- Extra battery for phone.
- Dopp Kit that keeps my razor, toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, comb, shaving cream, etc (it makes it easy to grab and go and not forget anything)
- Scan a copy of IDs and e-mail them to your self, as an easy way to access them if needed.

I also only unpack the items I want to change out from my carry on. I have lost/forgotten way too many things over the years by trying to pack and remember everything.

One of these:

aIndoor_Extension_Cords.jpg

About $4 at Wal Mart

These come in really handy:

513%2BpROsZIL._SY300_.jpg

You can use them in the sink or the washer in the hotel if you have a small load

Don't skimp on buying a good suitcase. Spending $200 on a bag that lasts 5+ years is much better than spending $50 on a bag that lasts a year, and the zipper breaks at 0355 when you have a 0400 show time.

A small roll of duct tape and some zip ties come in handy for either fixing your suitcase zipper, or keeping your date entertained.....

I always travel with some anti-diarrhea medicine. Sometimes when we travel things don't go well.

Related advice, skip salads on the road, other than undercooked or raw meats they are the food most likely to cause problems.

Last edited:
Back