Never leave home without.....

Packing shouldn't be "packing" in the first place. Your trip bag should have all it's own stuff: phone charger, toiletries, vitamins, running shoes, etc. Replace as necessary but don't remove for home use.

I completely agree. When you live out of that bag more than your own dresser at home, it needs to have it's own stuff.

I am a little anal though, and have a second bag that is nearly complete that lives in the trunk of my car. It has a pair of uniform pants and a couple shirts, toiletries, a set of "street/dinner clothes", a book that I would never read unless I had to, a phone charger, etc... When flying 135 and being out-stationed, I kept it at the hub as a spare bag in case I had to change my run at the last minute/weather/etc...and all of my stuff was at the out station. It came in handy several times when I was sent somewhere else. Now, it is used in case I get a last minute trip, a trip opens up that I want to grab, I am connecting through my base and want to get some more clean clothes, etc...

I just got back from Chicago on our first revenue gig, and I packed what I thought was winter gear, a heavy coat and some gloves. They were no match for the -20+ wind chill going on this week. So I think I am going to pack an Arctic travel bag for these trips to the northeast this winter.

Packing shouldn't be "packing" in the first place. Your trip bag should have all it's own stuff: phone charger, toiletries, vitamins, running shoes, etc. Replace as necessary but don't remove for home use.
This. My "road" stuff lives in my brainbag or suitcase.

Wow. I guess I'm way underprepared. If I was traveling to the third world I'd consider some of the stuff you guys are packing.
Extension cords? Duck tap and zip ties? What kind of hotels are you guys staying in!?

Extension cord is for when the nearest outlet to the bed is 10 feet away, and I want to have my phone on the nightstand. I've also used it in the caribbean when the nearest plug to the desk/table/whatever is longer than the cord for my laptop.

Duct tape and zip ties are for when the handle breaks off your laptop bag, or the zipper on your rolling bag blows out.

I always travel with some anti-diarrhea medicine. Sometimes when we travel things don't go well.

Related advice, skip salads on the road, other than undercooked or raw meats they are the food most likely to cause problems.

At SUSI Air they had to replace the whole seat on a C208B becasue the pilot had a little accident...

This
41QUee-kCnL.jpg

Swim suit, flip flops, sunscreen. Never leave without it when I did 135. Now I go to just a few big cities. I would also bring nose stuff, afrin, or what ever you like. And finally, band aids and anti bacterial cream.

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.