Networking works

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Heya,

Last night I had the privilage to meet EatSleepFly and go out to dinner with him. With this corporate gig he's got hooked up now, he's flying up into Grand Rapids a decent amount. That puts him a quick 40 minute drive noth of here (without bad traffic), so I took the oppertunity to go up and meet the guy.

HIRE THIS DUDE!

ESF turned out to be an ultra cool regular laid back dude. We ended up heading out to Friday's for dinner and I talked the guys head off I'm sure. Here is a guy I could spent a 4 day trip with and not want to kill him or myself.

With leads me into the topic of this thread. This forum is a wonderful place to exchange information with other pilots, and to learn what it's like to fly for an airline, or to have a coporate gig. I recommend that everyone use this forum, and this web site to it's fullest potential. If you get a chance to go out and have an adult beverage or two with someone on here, I recommend you do it 'cause you could meet some very cool people through this forum.

Now I just need to convince davetheflyer to stay in Kalamazoo to take him out to dinner.

Oh, best part; ESF picked up dinner before I could go for the bill. That's the mark of a cool dude right there.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Awww, what a sweet guy. I hope people feel the same way about my husband. No one would ever want to fly with ME, but HIM, well he's the kind of guy that has no enemies, every body likes him. I hope that will help people want to fly with him.

Glad you had a good time! Did you get the vanilla bean cheesecake? It's the best thing they make!

I just thought of something. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out a post just about every time I have an overnight, which is almost all the time. I just figured since I'm all over the country, all the time; why not get a chance to meet some of you folks. Let y'all know what transpires......
cool.gif
Let me know what some of you think…..

Ditto.

I've met several folks through jc.com andeach one has been pretty cool.

Doug - cool
Kristie - cool
MikeD - ultra cool (he get's "ultra" because he's in Iraq blowing stuff up so we don't have to)
C650CPT - cool
MavMB1 - cool
Missed Approach - cool
Glisse - cool

If I've forgotten anyone I sincerely apologize.

I'm based in Phoenix (FFZ to be exact) so anyone in the area I haven't met that would like to meet up drop me a line.

That cheesecake kills me. I don't even like the stuff, but unfortunatly my girlfriend really loves it. The problem is that the closest TGIF to Morgantown is in Washington, PA, about halfway between here and PIT. So EVERY TIME (which isn't all that often) I fly out of PIT, I HAVE TO stop and get cheesecake on the way back. I was really late getting in once due to WX and they had closed by the time I got to Washington and can you believe it... my girfriend was mad at me for not figuring something else out.
shocked.gif

Ethan

anybody who flies in to DXR on the weekends, PLEASE come to executive... I am dying to meet anyone!

and my part, it would be nice to build XC time and fly out places too!

BobDDuck (and anybody else around Pittsburgh) ...

Next time you pass through Washington, stop by the Washington Mall at I-79 and US-19. There's a store in there called "Pastries by John" and they have EXCELLENT baked goods. I have family in PIT and every time I pass through I go for their peanut butter brownies, which are TO DIE FOR ... although they're not on my diet right now!

I would assume their cheesecakes are as good as anywhere else in the 'burgh.

[/shameless plug]

FL270

And P.S., anybody who passes through eastern North Carolina (RDU, RWI, GWW, ISO, PGV area) and wants to shoot the breeze with a King Air driver shoot me a message. I'm all about the networking, with those both above and below me on the career ladder!

That should end my thread hijack in the last post!

FL270

I've not met anyone off of these boards, yet, though I've met quite a few people off of the other aviation board I post on (studentpilot.com). I love to meet other pilots...pro, student, weekend types, whatever.

If anyone's through Kansas City (MCI MKC OJC IXD area) give me a shout, I'll buy ya a drink or two. I personally will be in Atlanta several times for business in December and January, and will be in PHX/SDL in February, possibly BWI in early March. Plus hopefully the LAS get-together next year!

Sarah

Never come between a woman and her cheesecake! Lol. Just wait till if/when some day you get married and decide to have kids. You think it's bad now? Wait till you have a pregnant wife!

[ QUOTE ]
anybody who flies in to DXR on the weekends, PLEASE come to executive... I am dying to meet anyone!

and my part, it would be nice to build XC time and fly out places too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I fly out of DXR all the time, only 15 now, but have 76 hours now. Let me know if anyone wants to do any flying.

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is a wonderful place to exchange information with other pilots, and to learn what it's like to fly for an airline, or to have a coporate gig. I recommend that everyone use this forum, and this web site to it's fullest potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Doug has set up a top notch networking opportunity in Jetcareers!

As many of you know, Braidkid and I had the opportunity to fly to Vegas from Wichita in a 172 January of this year. Braidkid is also a super cool and hospitable guy and we had a great time!

Thanks again Doug, Kristie, and all the Admin/Moderators that make it all possible!

Hey, thanks John! It was great meeting you too! Nice to put a face with the name isn't it? I'll let you know next time I end up in GRR again. Thanks for the good words!
smile.gif

...and Rausda-

Next year man, next year. You know I wanted to go and you know why I couldn't...now quit giving me a hard time!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ESF turned out to be an ultra cool regular laid back dude

[/ QUOTE ]

that's how I felt after meeting all the folks who made it to vegas! ultra cool!!! Wouldn't have a problem meeting some more and I'm sure doug wouldn't mind it either anymore... of course, you know where we are..the infamous SDL...
[ QUOTE ]
now quit giving me a hard time

[/ QUOTE ] OH NO.. you don't get off that easy... well, maybe we'll just give you a hard time till next year and then let it go?! haha
grin.gif
(of course i'm kidding! doh!!)
[ QUOTE ]
Wait till you have a pregnant wife!

[/ QUOTE ] nope - not gonna wait till I have a pregnant wife.... hahaha - sorry, couldn't resist with all the "talk" going on lately! besides, my wife can't get pregnant...she's a man, baby!!!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Hey Sarah,

did you ever see this thread? I'm guessing you probably didn't because it was posted while you were gone getting your tailwheel endorsement. Anyway, check it out when you get a chance.

Man I'm in PHX/SDL till mid next week lookin around every corner to see if I see either Doug or Kristie (lol). So far nothing...

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
Never come between a woman and her cheesecake! Lol. Just wait till if/when some day you get married and decide to have kids. You think it's bad now? Wait till you have a pregnant wife!

[/ QUOTE ]

a fat lady diving for cheese cake a visual I could do without.

Back