NetJets

Hey jared,
How dou you guys like working at the Signature up there>? i worked at the DCA signature before they shut it down. how many planes do you guys get daily? how many fuel jobs do you usually do per day?

Well. I only worked the summer months. I don't work there anymore. I kind GA and USPS, Emory Worldwide/Express.net, FedEx. GA really got to piss me off but only because of the other idiot fuelers. It was really a crappy bunch of people to work with. I was the new guy, and once I knew my stuff, it would always be like "give it to the new guy." Not for the reason that I needed the experience, just that other workers were lazy. I remember a sunday where I did 3 GA planes. I think two were 100LL, so it was like NOTHING. I don't know what has happened now, like Dunner said, it got all messed up, and pilots got pissed and everyone was talking about going to KBED. Now that pilots have to get their bags checked, and pax, and they have to show all sorts of ID to get out onto the ramp, I don't imagine they are any more busy now than when I left, probably less busy. They were in bad bad shape in terms of pilots. That Jason guy who posts here, I forget the name he uses. He got laid off from Midway, and was looking for corp jobs. Before he even got a job, he had heard of how messed up KBOS was. I have driven down the flightline at KBED as well, and there are more planes there now.

I liked doing the airline side of things better. I could just go to USPS 727, fuel, top off the truck, then do Emery/Express.net then do the USPS final load and I would be done. There was too much drama between workers there for me. I liked doing my own thing there.

Yeah i can see how pilots get pissed off, when i got re located to BWI things were insane. All the traffic that would usually come to DCA went to KBW and KIAD. The crews at BWI went crazy when only 60 planes per day were coming in. Our DCA crew were laughing at em because we are used to a good 120-130 per day. This one BWI worker started to hypervenilate when i told her she had to park a G-V!!! different strokes different folks. The pilots that would get pissed of werent mad at my crew they were mad at the stupid system some dumbass made up thinking that the little receipts would make a difference in airport security. Im going to apply for a job with ASIG working on the commercial side of BWI, i hope things are alot more organized!

Hey this is my first post so I just want to say hi. I'm very interested factional companies and I was curious about the schedule at NetJets. I know a bunch of companies do somthing like a 7 days on 7 days off. Could anyone out there who flys something like this let me know if you are pretty much away from home most of your on days or not. I'm just trying to get a feel for the lifestyle along with this type of flying. Thanks.

Blues

on your flight days on a 7/7 you are not home. you may luck out if you live near say NYC, or any of the class Bs to sneak home once in a while for a quick RON. IF your trip puts you there. depending on your comapny, the 7/7 is day 1 travel to your airplane, fly days 2-6, day 7 head home

WOW! It's been almost a year since I posted this message and it's still going strong....

As far as my dream of flying for NetJets (or anyone for that matter) I still gawk at all of the BizJets I see but I doubt I will ever be able to pilot one of them...the conditions just aren't right to pursue my dream...oh well!

Conditions nothing. Just keep at it. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way. It's all about how bad you want it and what you do for yourself along the way (networking, flying the crappy jobs, teaching!) Eventually that 2500TT, 250,250 requirement will come! But I'm just an optimist.

Steve

Netjets is a great company. I live in Columbus, (their main base,) and I've got connections with their flight instructors their. I had the opportunity to see some of their hangers, and all I have to say is, they keep that hanger floor clean enough to eat off of!!

Anyway, they also have a lot of great jets, (CX, GIV, GV, BBJ, Hawker 800XP, orders for Hawker Horizons, the list goes on !)

You may not make as much with Netjets as you would flying for Northwest, but job security ACTUALLY EXISTS with this fractional carrier.

[ QUOTE ]
You may not make as much with Netjets as you would flying for Northwest,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest some people would make more then if they flew for Nwest.

Figure someone over 30 starting for Comair, then after 8 years as a FO for NW, in 5 years as a FO making a pretty good paycheck.

At a 135 operation, or Frax, in 2 years you are looking at a captain position making well over 50k a year, (our company it is in the mid 70s) do the math, 50K x 13 years, 600k, is the commuter guy going to make that off the blocks? (no I did not add in pay increases for either job but the point is the same)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You may not make as much with Netjets as you would flying for Northwest,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest some people would make more then if they flew for Nwest.

Figure someone over 30 starting for Comair, then after 8 years as a FO for NW, in 5 years as a FO making a pretty good paycheck.

At a 135 operation, or Frax, in 2 years you are looking at a captain position making well over 50k a year, (our company it is in the mid 70s) do the math, 50K x 13 years, 600k, is the commuter guy going to make that off the blocks? (no I did not add in pay increases for either job but the point is the same)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point
tongue.gif

i made another thread about NetJets...There is a little info that i got speaking to a recruiter about an entry level position. The thread is titled 'A Little Info About Netjets"

Back