Need help w/ BE1900 question; with autopilot, is it Single PIC, or is SIC required?

TroopersRotate

Here are the variables regarding an inter-office dispute. Going to post this so as not to lead towards any one individual's opinion. Any facts and supporting docs or references would be appreciated.

1. Part 135 Cargo - Can the BE1900 (regardless of model) be flown single pilot?
2. Part 135 Passengers: still regardless of model -
a. Nine Pax and under - Can it be flown single pilot?
b. 10-19 Pax - Can it be flown single pilot?
c. 20+ Pax - Can it be flown single pilot?
3. Will the answers above change is it is scheduled 135 or on-demand?

Thanks in advance, and feeling confident my opinion is correct, beers to anyone who proves me right!!

Here are the variables regarding an inter-office dispute. Going to post this so as not to lead towards any one individual's opinion. Any facts and supporting docs or references would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and feeling confident my opinion is correct, beers to anyone who proves me right!!
You would of had to catch me within a week of an Indoc class to answer even half that.
Guess someone else gets the beer. I didn't think it was certified outside of the African continent for more than 19...
Otherwise, it's a single pilot airplane, yes?

1. Yes. I've done this.
2. a - yes, you don't even need an autopilot under VFR
b - no
c - you can't fit more than 19 people in it, so if you're already putting on 20+ people, you're already breaking the law, go ahead and fly it by yourself
3. Kind of. Ish, but not really.

Ha, a runaway question in an effort to cover all bases ... part c is obviously not applicable.

Thanks for the input!! For the cold beer round ... any idea where I can find the answer "2.a." written? From faa.gov, fsims.faa.gov to the ACs, I cannot find it addressed that the BE1900 can fly 9 pax single pilot? I am expecting to find it in a Circular, but the needle is evading me. Also, curious about C208 as well.

Ha, a runaway question in an effort to cover all bases ... part c is obviously not applicable.

Thanks for the input!! For the cold beer round ... any idea where I can find the answer "2.a." written? From faa.gov, fsims.faa.gov to the ACs, I cannot find it addressed that the BE1900 can fly 9 pax single pilot? I am expecting to find it in a Circular, but the needle is evading me. Also, curious about C208 as well.
It's in a couple places. You have to check in a few places to be sure.
1 is the type certificate. It will list the crew required and any stipulations on that. (if you want to see a good example, look up the 500 series citations).
2 is 135.105
3 is the ops spec to be authorized to use 135.105 with the aircraft you are using, which is A015.

Back