Navy Pilot Recruiting Question

Also, I apologize if I made it sound like my only reason for wanting to join the pilot program was to further my career. This is not how I meant for it to sound.

I haven't really been thinking about flying for a career with school going on. But, I had wanted to fly later on down the road, so it was something I was putting off (assuming I can get cleared for a medical).

When I saw the message it made me think, "well if I went this route, I might have a chance to make it to one of the airline companies I have been interested in."

But, I also really like working as a team, and getting to have a leadership role when available, and being part of something larger than myself.

Anyway, the recruiter messaged me their phone number. So, I think I will call them tomorrow and just hear what they tell me before I close the door on this road. It was fun to dream, but it is probably best if I stick with my current plan.

Man this sounds awesome. I can't even imagine what its like to fly in any of those planes. I would love the chance to just go for a 1 hour discovery flight. I guess that's not possible is it?

Hah if you find a time machine and go back in time to become a USNA or NROTC midshipman, we give some of those guys rides each summer. That's how I had my first few F/A-18 flights.

But to add to this, have you guys every watched christmas tree logging? I would love to do this! Plus it is seasonal, so it would just be part time I think.

You mean like this? (It’s a bit slow at first, but the 46D. HC guys were mad men shuffling pallets between ships)

Theyve been replaced by MH-60Ss now

Edit: Found a MH-60S vertrep video, yep they’re just as mad.

It was always good to see these guys, it usually meant your Amazon packages were going to arrive after securing from UNREP/VERTREP detail.

Last edited:
You mean like this? (It’s a bit slow at first, but the 46D. HC guys were mad men shuffling pallets between ships)

Theyve been replaced by MH-60Ss now

Edit: Found a MH-60S vertrep video, yep they’re just as mad.

It was always good to see these guys, it usually meant your Amazon packages were going to arrive after securing from UNREP/VERTREP detail.

Wow. That takes some serious skill to walk a rotor wing in side ways, and then hover it over an object while matching its speed. That was awesome to watch. Thanks for sharing.

I only have 2 hours of rotor wing time, but I got to try hovering my first lesson. It's so challenging to try and hold it in one place for more than 5 seconds.

I love to watch this video:
It is similar to the video you posted except it is on land

Much respect to all of these pilots. They are awesome to watch.

Hey everyone.

I am finishing up my degree, and I received an email on the college site from a Navy recruiter about an opening for a Navy pilot or Naval Flight Officer.

I am 34 and thought I was over the age limit to apply, so, I did a little research and saw the age limit was 29. However, the recruiter told me the age limit has been increased to 32 and there are age waivers.

Also, I take a medication for an anxiety disorder. It is a small dose and does not affect my ability to operate equipment. My doctor told me I could get an all clear letter from them if required.

I am not sure how seriously I am taking this opening, but just for fun, would I have any shot at obtaining a pilot position?

Thanks.

You have a once in a lifetime opportunity in Your grasp go for it!! (Or spend years behind a desk gazing out the office window recollecting and watching airplanes pondering over "what-ifs")

Last edited:
Back