MyIDtravel

"I'm in, we have about 30 seconds before MCP figures out we're here, I'll try and bypass the mainframe's subroutines and insert a worm into the database...."

*Graphics of files fly around the screen.*

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Can anyone explain why gate agents make such a fuss about jumpseat listing? Do they have to type in a bunch of computer junk to bring up CASS? I had a delta agent give me attitude when I asked her to switch me to a FA jumpseat on my own company so the flight deck one was open for a Virgin America guy trying to commute too. Made a big deal about it but it took her less than 30 seconds to switch me to that FA jumpseat...

Nah. It's that no one's taught properly. Getting a supervisor at a bigger airport usually means "I done goofed," and the poor fellow behind the desk making $10/hr doesn't want to have a chat later that day with the manager about "getting the supervisor" when something could have been solved by the person in line all along. So you get a load of "Well, you know how to do it...So why don't you do it?"
Recursion...See recursion.

Quick edit -
Gate agents may know how to verify CASS, but depending on check-in software they'll have to go through the entire flight first -- or get out of an opened flight with the T-minus-door-close clock ticking -- to give you the boarding pass for a jumpseat ticket.

I've been running across the "General Booking Error" message recently when trying to look up AA flights. Seems like it usually goes in waves. But recently this one has been sticking.

It'll let me go all the way thru picking out flights, filling in personal data every time because its the myIDtravel login thru the generic website vs. via Deltas Travelnet.

I've been running across the "General Booking Error" message recently when trying to look up AA flights. Seems like it usually goes in waves. But recently this one has been sticking.

It'll let me go all the way thru picking out flights, filling in personal data every time because its the myIDtravel login thru the generic website vs. via Deltas Travelnet.

I have issues using the mobile interface sometimes but switching to the desktop version usually solves it.

And not that I've had to yet, but from what I understand MyIDTravel is the only way to make a listing for a JetBlue jumpseat.

However, the website asked me to pay the fee(s) associated. Perhaps I missed it, but is there a specific "jumpseat" seat option to where it won't attempt to require me to input payment information?

There's no absolute requirement to list ahead of time on myIDTravel for VX, it is just highly preferred. Anyone denied a jumpseat because of this should get in touch with their JS coordinator who can in turn contact our JS coordinator at VX (great guy) and he'll go from there. Sometimes the agents need to be educated.

And not that I've had to yet, but from what I understand MyIDTravel is the only way to make a listing for a JetBlue jumpseat.

However, the website asked me to pay the fee(s) associated. Perhaps I missed it, but is there a specific "jumpseat" seat option to where it won't attempt to require me to input payment information?

Are you sure you changed the drop down to pilot commuting instead of standby (zed) travel?

At Virgin although it is "preferred" to list ahead of time on myIDTravel as pilot commuter, there is no requirement to do so and you can list at the gate. If anyone had a problem with that and are wiling to share their name, details, dates, station, flight number, gate agent name, I can forward it to our JS coordinator. He's a good guy who takes care of this stuff.
I was going to say - I have never ever had a problem doing a walk up at VX, they're usually more than happy to accommodate someone.

Back