MyIDtravel

STS-41B

learning the system but still need help sometimes.
If I'm trying to non-rev on Virgin America from LAX-BOS, let's say. I walk up to the gate and list for the jumpseat.. there's no charge, right? I'm in CASS.
I try to be pro-active and list on myIDtravel, it wants to charge me (ZED fare?) $58. Why would I do that when I should be riding for free. Am I missing something?!

learning the system but still need help sometimes.
If I'm trying to non-rev on Virgin America from LAX-BOS, let's say. I walk up to the gate and list for the jumpseat.. there's no charge, right? I'm in CASS.
I try to be pro-active and list on myIDtravel, it wants to charge me (ZED fare?) $58. Why would I do that when I should be riding for free. Am I missing something?!
When your picking your airline and putting in your city pair change the priority from R2 standby to pilot commuting listing.

Hm. Tried changing to R1 confirmed from R2 standby. button to select flight disappeared. Didn't give me pilot-commuting listing option (ID90 does, where you change it from fligh attendant listing to pilot).

here is what we have for the IDtravel website (just change Jetblue to Virgin or AA )

JetBlue

CASS Carrier

Listing is highly recommended for Pilots. As of January 25th, 2015 the only way to prelist for a JetBlue flight will be online using myIDTravel.

MyIDTravel customers: Please log on using your normal credentials and search for JetBlue flights by changing the airline to “JetBlue” and the travel status to “pilot commuting listing”. From there continue to search for flights and list as you normally would.

Non-myIDTravel customers: Please visit the website www.myidtravel.com/myidlisting. This address must be entered exactly as shown. Failure to add the “/myidlisting” will result in a failed login. Select your employing airline from the dropdown menu. Your username is your 2 digit airline code followed by the word “staff” (i.e. 5Ystaff). Your password is your 3 digit IATA ticketing code. If you do not know your ticketing code, it can searched for on the IATA website at the following link www.iata.org/publications/Pages/code-search.aspx and it will be labeled accounting code or airline prefix code. If your airline does not have a ticketing code your password is “myIDListing001”. After logging in, click on “commuter travel”, change the airline to “JetBlue”, change the travel status to “pilot commuting listing”, and follow the prompts to search and list for your flights.

For questions or issues with the login process please contact your Jumpseat Committee. Checking in can be accomplished up to 24hrs prior to departure using www.jetblue.com or the JetBlue app found in the app store. Priority among OAL jumpseaters is set by check in time. If unable to list prior to arriving at the airport, it is best to list at the ticket counter or the “Just Ask” Service Desk (if available) prior to showing at the gate. “First to the gate” criteria is not used at JetBlue so take your time. Pilots must still check-in with an airport operations crewmember at the gate no later than 10 minutes prior to departure for Domestic flights and no later than 60 minutes prior to departure on International flights. Riding the jumpseat is at the Captain's discretion. Upon boarding, all pilots are expected to introduce themselves to the Captain and request permission to ride, even if assigned a cabin seat. Appropriate attire (business casual or uniform), airline crew ID, current medical certificate, airman certificate are required for review by the Captain if utilizing the jumpseat.

I tried to list at the gate for a VX flight as I do not have MyIDTravel set up. That did not work, even the crew tried to tell the gate agent it was possible to list me at the gate. They said they did not know the code.. It was a bummer as the flight was open and my girlfriend had a confirmed ticket.

I tried to list at the gate for a VX flight as I do not have MyIDTravel set up. That did not work, even the crew tried to tell the gate agent it was possible to list me at the gate. They said they did not know the code.. It was a bummer as the flight was open and my girlfriend had a confirmed ticket.

That sucks. Yeah I tried again to list for Virgin America and it won't let me without attempting to charge me. And it won't let me choose "pilot commuting" like the ID-90 site does. #baffled

just tried. no radio button to select Virgin American flight.
i can select American or JetBlue no problem..

I had a gate agent get nasty with me the one and only time I used Virgin. It was a LAX-BOS redeye and everyone I talked to said I needed to list at the gate. I didn't realize they were on myidtravel and the agent gave me a bunch of attitude when I asked if he could list me. He actually made me pull out my phone at the gate and list.

Luckily the flight crew was as friendly as could be!

just tried. no radio button to select Virgin American flight.
i can select American or JetBlue no problem..

its in the drop menu

upload_2016-8-3_16-7-5.png

At Virgin although it is "preferred" to list ahead of time on myIDTravel as pilot commuter, there is no requirement to do so and you can list at the gate. If anyone had a problem with that and are wiling to share their name, details, dates, station, flight number, gate agent name, I can forward it to our JS coordinator. He's a good guy who takes care of this stuff.

At Virgin although it is "preferred" to list ahead of time on myIDTravel as pilot commuter, there is no requirement to do so and you can list at the gate. If anyone had a problem with that and are wiling to share their name, details, dates, station, flight number, gate agent name, I can forward it to our JS coordinator. He's a good guy who takes care of this stuff.

It was a while ago so I can't remember details, but the SAN station required I list (although they let me log in on their gate computer) to get on a flight to SFO.

Can anyone explain why gate agents make such a fuss about jumpseat listing? Do they have to type in a bunch of computer junk to bring up CASS? I had a delta agent give me attitude when I asked her to switch me to a FA jumpseat on my own company so the flight deck one was open for a Virgin America guy trying to commute too. Made a big deal about it but it took her less than 30 seconds to switch me to that FA jumpseat...

Wow...Just reading this thread now and I see that is fresh TODAY! how odd. I have been swapping email with VRD travel dept trying to figure this out. Turns our you have to be
"signed up " for travel beneies and ....then you get access to myIDtravel.
But whether the gate will list you or not is a whole nuther level...of crap. I was told directly from the Uber Bosses that "the gate staff do like to have to do it." So I should make a habit of listing
online prior myself
Thanks for the help. And thank to Luigi..his was the first to describe the process exactly as it is....

Can anyone explain why gate agents make such a fuss about jumpseat listing? Do they have to type in a bunch of computer junk to bring up CASS? I had a delta agent give me attitude when I asked her to switch me to a FA jumpseat on my own company so the flight deck one was open for a Virgin America guy trying to commute too. Made a big deal about it but it took her less than 30 seconds to switch me to that FA jumpseat...
"I'm in, we have about 30 seconds before MCP figures out we're here, I'll try and bypass the mainframe's subroutines and insert a worm into the database...."

*Graphics of files fly around the screen.*

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's funny how as soon as there's a method available for a crewmember can use, the attitude immediately flies out with the gate and phone agents. But, if the ways to list become limited to THEM, surprisingly very few of them are aware of any memo...

Back