"MyDoom" worm making the rounds today--watch out!

Re: \"MyDoom\" worm making the rounds today--watch out!

Thanks for the heads-up!
One thing I ever understood, is why someone would download an email attachment from someone they don't know. Or can a virus corrupt a file from anyone?

What is a virus?

tongue.gif

Well, for me, they're something I have to warn my family and friends about, lest I should be called to fix things afterward.
grin.gif

If I could only get ahold of the senders with my 2 iron!!!

I havn't gotten it yet, BUT, I use INcredimail and it downloads my Mail to my Inbox, does it still download the attatchment, and I heard that the attatchment has to be run. Is this true?

P.S. Im to lazy to open the links...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too lazy to click your mouse twice even if it might help prevent getting a virus? Gimme a break.

I always check my mail online before i download it - that way i can purge things out before they get onto my computer!! earthlink has that ability... if you have it, use it!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too lazy to click your mouse twice even if it might help prevent getting a virus? Gimme a break.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that but because I already heard it on TV and I am watching my email...Plus my computer has been fairly slow within the last month and it usually crashes if I have more than 2 or 3 IEs open. I need some more RAM
mad.gif
. And I bookmarked that site this morning, and downloaded the removal tool, so at the time it was probbley more or less an act of laziness/computer trouble to open the Window. :\

I opened a e-mail the other day which was all jibberish then i trashed it. I don't usually open things I don't know but I did. So now how do I know if I have been infected? I don't have virus scan but plan to get it soon.

[ QUOTE ]
I opened a e-mail the other day which was all jibberish then i trashed it. I don't usually open things I don't know but I did. So now how do I know if I have been infected? I don't have virus scan but plan to get it soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the virus has to be run for it to infect you.

I hope so. I did not run anything just opened it, saw the jibberish and trashed it. thanks

Yeah, you have to attempt to open the attachment to activate the worm. I've received it over a dozen times today, the latest virus defs for Norton Antivirus catch it now.

I received it.

Opened it.

Nothing happened.

Maybe my computer is broke???
Someone please help.
grin.gif

I tried to run it each of the half dozen times or so I got it today, and each time, nothing happened.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't gotten it yet. I feel so left out...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're more than welcome to the 20 copies of this virus that I got this morning.

Would you like a few copies of mine?
smile.gif
Honestly, everyone and his uncle have my email addressses so I tuned by spam filter to bounce it.

its the wierd addresses that get me... who in gods name is so stupid to think that we'd open mail from people we don't know? Have we not lived through anthrax and the unabomber?

The way you can find out if you have it is by running a search on your computer for the file shimgapi.dll if you have the file, you have the virus. basically i've heard two different versions on what the virus does so i don't know what it really does - one says it installs some program that copys your keystrokes and whatnot so it can collect passwords and credit card numbers the other version i heard was it allows the hackers to hold on control of your email and hten sometime next week they're gonna launch a massive email attack against some company that is in some lawsuit against linux (because most hackers use linux)

the later story i got from here the other version was from the original post's link off of CNN

Can anyone else hear Ophir laughing?

(He's a Mac user)

Back