My networking lesson

kostcoguy

Here is proof that networking is the best thing to do even BEFORE you have ever flown. As many people know I don't have any ratings, haven't done much at all in my steps toward flying. Well a few weeks back my dad met a guy at Ralph's who owns a plane, and he said he would call us when he goes flying. Today he calls me and asks me if I want to go up for an hour. Too bad I couldn't but we scheduled to up on the morning of Thanksgiving.In the words of Doug, "NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK."

duuude you are so right... Same thing happened to me. I've finished my PPL and am halfway through the IFR when I realized, I don't know any pilots except for the flightsimmers on flightsimnetwork forums. What the heck good does THAT place do me? When I looked at my "setup" I found that I was spending too much time on the flightsim stuff and not enough time at the airport.

The next day I went to my FBO and asked for a job on the weekends. Now I know all of the instructors, the staff, and have met a few charter pilots coming in and out, and have gotten a nice discount on rentals/instruction.

Never sell any pilot-connection short. Even the geeky 16 year old student pilots should be on the list- they'll probably be a copilot someday!

Back