My input on a DCA recommendation

This webiste is pretty much the only big forum for DCA. When I say "upper" I dont mean yankee1. They want to see how they look. May not change their ways but they are watching. Maybe all this talk of marketing has worked. DCA is looking for someone in advertising.

I know just about everone that posts on here that is a student or or instructor. No one is getting preferential treatment or "kickbacks" Everone just has their own opinions. I wear two hats, student and emplyee. I treat what I say about DCA as Doug does with Delta.

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:
Bet they love planediveguy, though.

Probably give him discounts...

Great idea Loyd! Hey anyone there seeing this?!?!!??

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This webiste is pretty much the only big forum for DCA. When I say "upper" I dont mean yankee1. They want to see how they look. May not change their ways but they are watching. Maybe all this talk of marketing has worked. DCA is looking for someone in advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang and I was gonna try and charge him double!!!
nana2.gif

I just picked up FLYING at the local Barnes and Noble and noticed one of the DCA ads. Very, very appealing. If it wasn't for JC I would probably be drooling and working on pulling every financial string I have to get there.

After reading all the perspective pilots here at JC, not one of them went to one of these academy's. That doesn't mean much, but pilots seem to be getting hired through other ways.

Not to start more of a fire, but if I was a veteran captain that got in the old fashioned way (CFI) I wouldn't have much respect for a cookie cutter pilot (haha as I've learned here) that walks into a class and walks out an FO.

It looks like I can get more hours and more actual experience by training at an FBO.

Not to start a fire, but you obviously don't read very closely. I think Justin Schlechter (in his perspective) clearly stated that he was a DCA instructor at JU. Might I also add that the DCA way is the CFI way...you must earn your CFI/II/MEI and instruct for at least 800 hours.

I agree about the ad campaign though....absolutely dreadful. It brings in customers for sure, but unfortunately is somewhat misleading and tacky in the extreme.

Back