My initial CFI ... done, finished, got it, etc.

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Check out the (my) signature ...
grin.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif

|
|
|
|
\/

Re: Initial CFI ... done

Beyond big! It's all downhill from here. Add-ons ... here I come!
grin.gif

Congratulations!
smile.gif

Any chance of a blow-by-blow description of the oral and ride?

<edit: Maybe post in Check Ride Central?>

Re: Initial CFI ... done

I'm not even going give you just an "OUSTANDING"!

For that - you get:

YOU •IN ROCK!!!!
cool.gif

Grats, buddy!!

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations!
smile.gif

Any chance of a blow-by-blow description of the oral and ride?

<

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of a blow-by-blow description of the oral and ride?<

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
blush.gif

laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of a blow-by-blow description of the oral and ride?<

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
blush.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude ... that's what the Spice channel is for.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

But yeah, I'll put up an account in the checkride forum here in a bit. I had to go back to work after the ride so I'm a little behind the 8-ball. Gimme an hour or so.

The blood and guts of an initial MEI checkride:

On Jan. 17 I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to make the one hour flight to TUS and be ready to go by 8 a.m. for my initial CFI-AMEL checkride. The DE shows up at 8 and we start. Things are going great. I'm answering most of the question very well. I get through the endorsements with little trouble. Aeromedical factors, som W&B and CG questions, runway/airport markings and so on. Then we get to Vmc. The one thing I thought I was ok on (as I had spent the week prior to the ride brushing up on all the previously mentioned items) I ended up drawing a blank. I could essentially tell him what happened but I couldn't tell him why. Which is a big problem for any CFI candidate let alone an MEI initial. The whole "meat and potatoes" of the MEI is Vmc. So there endith the first try.

I go home with my tail between my legs feeling pretty stupid for busting it on the one thing I honestly thought I was ok on (considering I fly a twin almost all the time). So I looked up the "four forces" and the stumper "why the aircraft sideslips when holding a heading with an engine out."

So this morning Jan. 22 I show up at my airport as he's come up to the PHX for a ride at MPAD. We go over my four questions and I nail them. I knew this stuff I just had let it erode by not going over it. I explain how each force workd on each engine and how it all affects/relates to Vmc and why the left engine is critical. He's staisfied. Out the the airplane we go.

We go up and do our manuevers and bring it home.

Walked inside and did the paperwork.

A lot of work, a little (ok more than a little) humiliation and in the end it's all worth it.

Not that it's going to do me much good as without my CFI-ASEL stuff or the "II" I'm about as unemployable as a private pilot but it's a start. Everything else is now an add-on. I'm aiming for March to get everything done. Only three more rides to go!
grin.gif
grin.gif

The totals:
Checkride (about) 7 hours total over two days.
TT: 430
ME: 380
PIC: 390
XC: 200+/-
Private earned on 8/27/2001 CFI-AMEL earned on 1/22/2004

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of totals,

What did 380 multi with 430 total cost?

Thats $130,000+ where I fly.

[/ QUOTE ]
He owns a multi-engine.

[ QUOTE ]