My initial CFI ... done, finished, got it, etc.

very, very, cool! Congrats!

grin.gif

Thanks again, all and Jim.

I just called and tenatively scheduled my CASEL instruction (dual) and possibly the ride,as well, for the weekend of Jan. 31.
cool.gif

Nice! I'm from the Phoenix area too and getting ready for my MEI initial next month. I only have about 30 hours multi. Any tips on what to study for? What lesson plan did you do on the ground and in the air? What type on W/B questions (hopefully not any shifting of wieht or CG problems).
Sorry about the VMc meltdown. What do you mean when you say "going back top look at the four forces.? Do you mean the four forces that effects the critical engine (Torque, P factor, Spiraling and Accelerated slipstream)? Or are you referring to the 9 factors of VMc? What exactly did you fail to explain?

Quote - "It's not that I'm lazy, Bob; it's that I just don't care.

No, the four forces affecting (or creating) the critical engine on a standard engine set-up. Essentially how the forces act on each engine and why - due to the way they act - the left engine is critical. Things like: torque from the right engine (when left is dead) helps to roll the aircraft to the left while the airplane yaws to the left (also look at the arm and the direction of rotation) whereas the torque from an operating left engine will still want to roll the aircraft to the left but the dead right engine wants to yaw it to the right (also look at the arm and the direction of rotation).

Back