My first experience with 135 (in the van)

Soku39

Well last night I rode along in the van. The route took us throughout Ohio and Ontario. My background 600TT, CFII, first time flying anything turbine powered. I pretty much want to say that I have all the respect in the world for guys that do this for a living. The gentlemen I flew with was methodical, like a machine, it's something I've never seen in a pilot, and without a doubt something I will strive for in my own flying. I was actually able to fly 3 legs since we were empty. 2 of those resulted in approaches to mins. It is without a doubt the most challenging thing I've ever done in a plane, without the FD i woulda been toast. I couldn't believe how behind I was (on the plus side, an easier airplane to land would be hard to find). It was eye opening, and will be something that I will try and pursue. So to all you guys that do that stuff 5 nights a week, I've finally seen how its done on a completely garbage night everywhere we went and walk away with all the respect in the world.

Well last night I rode along in the van. The route took us throughout Ohio and Ontario. My background 600TT, CFII, first time flying anything turbine powered. I pretty much want to say that I have all the respect in the world for guys that do this for a living. The gentlemen I flew with was methodical, like a machine, it's something I've never seen in a pilot, and without a doubt something I will strive for in my own flying. I was actually able to fly 3 legs since we were empty. 2 of those resulted in approaches to mins. It is without a doubt the most challenging thing I've ever done in a plane, without the FD i woulda been toast. I couldn't believe how behind I was (on the plus side, an easier airplane to land would be hard to find). It was eye opening, and will be something that I will try and pursue. So to all you guys that do that stuff 5 nights a week, I've finally seen how its done on a completely garbage night everywhere we went and walk away with all the respect in the world.

How'd you manage to get a ride?

Write a 3k check.

Ummm try again. I've been flying in the same area for 4 years. Eventually you get to know people. I would never pay to sit there. It was a good experience, but not one I would pay for. Your cynicism precedes you and it's not appreciated.

Ummm try again. I've been flying in the same area for 4 years. Eventually you get to know people. I would never pay to sit there. It was a good experience, but not one I would pay for. Your cynicism precedes you and it's not appreciated.

Relax champ...wasn't busting your balls. I almost did the Castle FO program and I'm glad I didn't. I know someone who is in it now...the man asked a question and I answered it.

Relax champ...wasn't busting your balls. I almost did the Castle FO program and I'm glad I didn't. I know someone who is in it now...the man asked a question and I answered it.

Well I'm not enrolled in anything. I actually have no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it was a one time offer that I decided to take. I'll take it again if offered, but I'm not paying for anything. Like you I'm a CFI, which means that I have no money.

Eh, I'd probably buy the guy a six pack for flying that many approaches to mins at least :beer:

Well I'm not enrolled in anything. I actually have no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it was a one time offer that I decided to take. I'll take it again if offered, but I'm not paying for anything. Like you I'm a CFI, which means that I have no money.

Agreed...

They have a program where you can do pretty much what you did every night for 3k. I know someone in it. It just works out perfect for him because he doesn't have his CFI and has a family and a new house.

Aerostar? Where do I sign up? The 99 is putting me to sleep. Aerostar, mu-2, lear 24. With that job I'd be 66% there.

Cj was never theres. It was just on there certificate but it was flown by another operation. They pulled it off castle certificate after the van crashed a few years ago because their rating went down. Their aerostars dont really fly a whole lot. Their vans do most the work. The cheyenne is a charter only and sits more than it flies as well. Maybe they will pick up more business since T&G's charter operation is going out of business.

No/No

They have a Cheyenne & my buddy says they probably won't hire anyone that doesn't go through the FO program.
Ah.

Cj was never theres. It was just on there certificate but it was flown by another operation. They pulled it off castle certificate after the van crashed a few years ago because their rating went down. Their aerostars dont really fly a whole lot. Their vans do most the work. The cheyenne is a charter only and sits more than it flies as well. Maybe they will pick up more business since T&G's charter operation is going out of business.
Interesting. Didn't know that about T&G either. I noticed they're now renting a 340. Weird.

*edit*
That Cj couldn't have been pulled too long ago. I was in Teterblow not quite a year ago (pretty sure it was lasd December) in a van behind it. Still using the Castle callsign...

-mini

They'd have to pay me 3k to "ride" in the right seat of any of their airplanes.

Killing a buddy of yours will do that to you.

The Cj has been gone since at least last july because I also took a ride with them setup by a friend of mine who was doing the FO program and the Cj was gone than.

Back