My CFI is a sex offender

Now Murdoughnut, I don't know if you had a different experience than I, but I was in a boy scout troop of 70 people throughout middle school and high school.

Troop leaders weirdos?

Scoutmaster was a US Navy Commander with three sons making Eagle and off to the academies. Another was VP of our high population county's newspaper at the age of ~30. The list goes on. One year, my dad and my best friend's dad, neither of whom had enough free time on a regular basis, took a couple weeks vacation in the summer so our group could have enough adults for a long backpacking trip in NM. I know my dad and my best friend's dad pretty well.

That was my experience anyway. A 'complete weirdo' wouldn't have worked out.

That's cool. I remember our Scoutmaster telling us that dinosaurs weren't real and that their bones had been placed in the ground by the devil to fool us all.

Perhaps for the sake of consensus, we should just say don't trust you kid with any Civil Air Patrol adult leader.

I'm not purposely not looking at the list - it just doesn't cross my mind, to be honest. I think I looked when we first moved into our home like six years ago - but the point is that it wouldn't change anything, my kids are five and don't go trecking through the neighborhood on their own anyways.

Dude, I know your neighborhood. I wouldn't let my kids out of the driveway either.

I think it's fair to despise the people who commit these acts, but also despise a unique legal system that keeps them from ever being able to redeem themselves.

On one hand, there's folks that should be in Prison indefinitely for doing horrible repugnant things, and there's no amount of apologizing and serving punishment that would ever convince me to give them another shot at anything.

On the other hand, there's people that had bad timing when they needed to pee or some poor 18 year old got caught with a 16 or 17 year old girlfriend/boyfriend.

It's strange that here in America that being naked has become so sexualized. People in other countries don't think anything about it. I'm not saying everyone should run around naked in public, but nudity is nothing to be ashamed of or thought as gross. Its just being naked.

Why? Learning self-defense is probably the best way to defend oneself. More especially school age kids, from the huge uptick in reported bullying. It won't help at least initially though with a sexual predator. Their tactics at the front end, are all mental head games. Of testing limits as a means of grooming.

Agreed, but Karate is not self defense. There is nothing useful about that. Think more Krav Maga type stuff (which actually barrows from several different fighting styles).

Agreed, but Karate is not self defense. There is nothing useful about that. Think more Krav Maga type stuff (which actually barrows from several different fighting styles).

Good luck finding an actual real school/class teaching Krav Maga though. At least here in AZ. Most are just rip offs and constantly nickel and dime you with having to frequently get new uniforms and supplies every time that you test. And they have binding contracts, which news outlets have said people have had to literally fake their death, or move out of state to break. I've looked and pretty much came up very disappointed.

Good luck finding an actual real school/class teaching Krav Maga though. At least here in AZ. Most are just rip offs and constantly nickel and dime you with having to frequently get new uniforms and supplies every time that you test. And they have binding contracts, which news outlets have said people have had to literally fake their death, or move out of state to break. I've looked and pretty much came up very disappointed.

Agreed and the really good training is also expensive!

Back