Mustang selected as Blue Angel

Watched the Blues today. I would not want to be part of the post-sortie debrief. I would love to be a fly on the wall, though. Suffice it to say, the Blues were having the blues. In music world terminology, the performance was not tight.
Probably better than you.

If she’s the most qualified F-18 pilot in the Navy, then more power to her and congrats!!

Watched the Blues today. I would not want to be part of the post-sortie debrief. I would love to be a fly on the wall, though. Suffice it to say, the Blues were having the blues. In music world terminology, the performance was not tight.
What do you think you would see during the debrief?

Careful with the term "mustang"......lots of them get pissed at people using that term when said "mustang" wasn't a prior E-6 or more :) (not really sure if she was, but I am guessing possibly/probably not).

Also agreed, good for her. My buddy was her OPSO during her first JO tour, said she was good to have around.

Prior enlisted is NOT a mustang. Gotta be E7 or above to earn that one ;)

Prior enlisted is NOT a mustang. Gotta be E7 or above to earn that one ;)

When I hear “prior enlisted” I assume a break in service and a traditional path to a commission.

The Navy has never bothered to officially define Mustang and the usage was more inclusive during WWII and Korea.

That said, I know some salty Mustangs that don’t want to include E-6/E-7’s commissioned as unrestricted line officers. It seems that they embrace of purity of on-the-job excellence versus obtaining a degree.

Last edited:
Back