Congrats, Stalin

Pilot Fighter

I hope they don’t derail her Blue Angels gig,
forcing her to perform in a distracting “dog and pony show”.

I hope the Navy does better with its first female Blue Angel than its first black skipper, Donnie Cochran. Let her fly and be one of the guys.

Lt. Lee was selected last year, flying her first shows this month.

Last edited:
“FEEEMALE”

d693d554e0ede0d75f7d2873b015f228.jpg

She's a woman. Just call them women.

And congratulations to her for making the team!

The other woman quoted in that story, VADM Joyner, is a pretty cool lady. She was the first female (or woman) Carrier Air Wing Commander, in Oceana, when I was a young JO. Now a Vice Admiral. I *think* the first female operational tacair aviator to make flag. She's super down to earth. Having her LOR speaks a lot about this young woman IMO.

I was also confused and haven't had a drink since I ran into @SpiceWeasel last Tuesday. Maybe my last cocktail was wednesday. Yeah, that's the ticket.

My last week has mostly been dry due to the worst pairings imaginable. I did sneak a last call beer at the Hyatt SFO somehow, 11,000 hours before my departure the next day. It was like a little pet, that I babied and nursed.

My last week has mostly been dry due to the worst pairings imaginable. I did sneak a last call beer at the Hyatt SFO somehow, 11,000 hours before my departure the next day. It was like a little pet, that I babied and nursed.
AS is dumb about the 10hrs/no same calendar day thing.

I hope the Navy does better with its first female Blue Angel....
Well she's not the first. That happened in 2004. And shes also not the first to fly as part of the show. That happened in 2015.

So the third woman pilot selected to the blue angels is in the #3 spot. Seems fitting. Congrats to her and all the new selections to this years team. Job well done!

Well she's not the first. That happened in 2004. And shes also not the first to fly as part of the show. That happened in 2015.

So the third woman pilot selected to the blue angels is in the #3 spot. Seems fitting. Congrats to her and all the new selections to this years team. Job well done!
Okay, first woman named to the demonstration team.

While Lee is the first-ever female fighter pilot on the Blue Angels' jet demonstration squadron, she is not the first female pilot to join the Blue Angels. That distinction goes to U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Katie Ann (Higgins) Cook, who flew the team's C-130 Fat Albert transport plane from 2014 to 2016.

Last edited:
I

Okay, first woman named to the demonstration team.

While Lee is the first-ever female fighter pilot on the Blue Angels' jet demonstration squadron, she is not the first female pilot to join the Blue Angels. That distinction goes to U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Katie Ann (Higgins) Cook, who flew the team's C-130 Fat Albert transport plane from 2014 to 2016.
Higgins wasn't the first pilot selected. She was the first to make it through winter training though.

Back