Multi-Quote

I have also tried to get it to work several times in the past few years only to give up after following someone's instructions precisely and having it not work.

No, seriously...

To do a multi quote, there is a button right next to the "Quote" button on the bottom right of the poster's post. It's a "+" sign. Press the + once and in a second or two, it will turn red and be a "-" sign. Now, all you have to do is press as many of these as you want, and it'll have all of those quotes in the reply function.

So, just in case I confused you, go to a thread, hit all the "+" signs you want in the multi quote, and in the order you want them to appear, and they will turn red and become "-" signs. Press the "Post Reply" button and you can now respond to all the quotes you just put in.

I hope this helps.

I have also tried to get it to work several times in the past few years only to give up after following someone's instructions precisely and having it not work.

Haha. Works pretty good.;)

No, seriously...

To do a multi quote, there is a button right next to the "Quote" button on the bottom right of the poster's post. It's a "+" sign. Press the + once and in a second or two, it will turn red and be a "-" sign. Now, all you have to do is press as many of these as you want, and it'll have all of those quotes in the reply function.

So, just in case I confused you, go to a thread, hit all the "+" signs you want in the multi quote, and in the order you want them to appear, and they will turn red and become "-" signs. Press the "Post Reply" button and you can now respond to all the quotes you just put in.

I hope this helps.
see what i did was hit the ""+ icon for the first two quotes and then hit the quote button for the last quote i wanted to refer to... and it works just fine!

No, seriously...

I hope this helps.

and like magic,,,,,, :D

Can someone please educate me on the use of the Multi-quote button....I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

The quotes get arranged depending on the order that you click the "Multi-Quote" buttons, too.

Problem Solved

Thanks Stone Cold.

It turns out I was doing it correctly every time I'd tried on any vBulletin forum.

I just thought it gave the ability to quote multiple separate paragraphs within the same post. Alas, it does NOT give a way to do this at all, just quotes from different posts in the same thread.

So every time I see someone picking apart one post by a user in multiple quotes they are breaking it up manually themselves?

Less useful than I thought it would be but better than nothing.

Re: Problem Solved

Thanks Stone Cold.

It turns out I was doing it correctly every time I'd tried on any vBulletin forum.

I just thought it gave the ability to quote multiple separate paragraphs within the same post. Alas, it does NOT give a way to do this at all, just quotes from different posts in the same thread.

So every time I see someone picking apart one post by a user in multiple quotes they are breaking it up manually themselves?

Yes, as far as I know, you have to pick the quote apart manually. I don't see how the software could possibly know which section of a quote you would want...so have fun with it.

The quotes get arranged depending on the order that you click the "Multi-Quote" buttons, too.
And that is why I put this:
hit all the "+" signs you want in the multi quote, and in the order you want them to appear
in my instructions!!:D

Yes, as far as I know, you have to pick the quote apart manually. I don't see how the software could possibly know which section of a quote you would want...so have fun with it.

And that is why I put this:in my instructions!!:D

There is one aviation forum that I have had an account on for 8 years and it does allow it BUT it is HTML and I think it takes them quite a bit of time to make changes to it, whereas this vBulletin format makes it simple for those in charge (which is obviously desirable).

There is one aviation forum that I have had an account on for 8 years and it does allow it BUT it is HTML and I think it takes them quite a bit of time to make changes to it, whereas this vBulletin format makes it simple for those in charge (which is obviously desirable).

Wow - I can Multi quote now!

Thanks Stone Cold.

And again.
Finally...

Thanks for the help....
And even more

I feel like a big boy now!

Re: Problem Solved

It's really not that difficult to split a post up. You just need to add the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags where you want the splits.

Back