Most "B.A." Airplane - Part II - Military Jet

Had 2 share....
3194329723_6386ef75af_b.jpg

6 Phoenix missiles. 6 independent targets over 100 nm away. Any questions?

<SHIVERS excitement in>

Oh yeah!

le cat model 14!

Edit: Trivia... the F7F Tigercat was going to be the original Tomcat, but the name was considered "too suggestive: at the time.

Wish I could find my pictures of the F-14 and F7F flying together :(

a10warthog2pu9.jpg

That is just the definition of "BA". The SR-71 is my favorite airplane in the world, but it doesn't win the "BA" competition.

I gotta vote for the Incredible Flying Chicken Leg. It's the only jet that flies with the pointy end in the back. It can't drop bombs, but it can sterilize the enemy from 100 nm away and scare the pants off of anyone who lays eyes on it due to it's sheer ugliness factor!

Attachments

• 800px-EA-6B_VAQ-129_Apr2004.jpg
    800px-EA-6B_VAQ-129_Apr2004.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 49
I gotta vote for the Incredible Flying Chicken Leg. It's the only jet that flies with the pointy end in the back. It can't drop bombs, but it can sterilize the enemy from 100 nm away and scare the pants off of anyone who lays eyes on it due to it's sheer ugliness factor!

Blasphemy! You heretic! Bite your tongue! :argue:

The A-6 Intruder version dropped bombs just fine!

....unless you only mean the EA-6, but with no specification mentioned on that and the description you give; I assume you mean the entire A-6 family. :)

Yeah I have a question. What does the mighty Togrape do if those 6 targets decide to maneuver in any way?
Well, the Soviet bombers that the Phoenix was designed to intercept couldn't really outmaneuver them, I'm pretty sure. And, from what I've heard from old Tomcat drivers, in the right hands a Tomcat can out-dogfight just about anything out there (if it's not a compresser-stall prone -A model).

Yeah I have a question. What does the mighty Togrape do if those 6 targets decide to maneuver in any way?

Good point. In fact, it failed its only time in combat to knock migs down near baghdad that were making quick incursions to the OSW no fly zone.

But it was designed to knock regimental formations of soviet bombers bearing gifts that started with "AS" or "K" before they could lob their little friends at a carrier.

Fortunately, it never did have the opportunity to employ its skills along the lines of which the Phoenix and the Turkey were designed. Still a fine weapon system.

lol...I know. Seems everyone forgets the Intruder portion of the A-6 series anymore these days.

Thats too bad.......it's a great plane.

But he's still a heretic!!!! :D

:yeahthat:

Gotta vote SR-71 followed by the F-15.

SR-71 is the only aircraft that needed to Chevy small blocks to crankup. And with a cost of $1M just to start the aircraft it is still really sad that they don't fly them anymore.

The F-15 due to the impressive air-to-air kill ratio. Did I mention I'm from STL? They still takeoff everyday above my house. Their loud and awesome!

....unless you only mean the EA-6, but with no specification mentioned on that and the description you give; I assume you mean the entire A-6 family. :)

I thought the big ol' football on the rudder, the dual cockpits in the photo and the mention of electronic neutering was enough to identify my nominee as the Griswald Family Wagon, not the afore mentioned sports coupe.

Nevertheless, I'll take being a heretic. At least you didn't call me a Queer!

I thought the big ol' football on the rudder, the dual cockpits in the photo and the mention of electronic neutering was enough to identify my nominee as the Griswald Family Wagon, not the afore mentioned sports coupe.

Nevertheless, I'll take being a heretic. At least you didn't call me a Queer!

LOL!! I'm just kidding around with you!

The entire Intruder/Prowler family is yet another example of the great products the old Grumman "Iron Works" put out.

Man.....to be able to have been "back in the day" ...*sigh*

Back