More Soon-To-Be Unemployed Pilots

"The most important lesson learned from the MPL beta test is that cadets without any aviation experience can be trained to world-class proficiency and competency as a first officer,” said Roei Ganzarski, Alteon chief customer officer. “This is possible due to a rigorous training program that includes advanced courseware, high-fidelity simulation and adherence to high standards by instructors and students.”

http://alteontraining.com/articles/articledetails.aspx?id=1242

And the fact that the CA will bail them out when their lack of experience gets their butt in a sling in the real world.....

So what happens when these "no experience" guys become Captains?

We hope and pray they pay attention as FOs. I know there are some low time guys at Pinnacle that bust their butts in the right seat, have a good attitude and are eager to learn. We also have our fair share that are just warming their seat until their seniority can hold CA. Those are the guys I'm worried about.

We hope and pray they pay attention as FOs. I know there are some low time guys at Pinnacle that bust their butts in the right seat, have a good attitude and are eager to learn. We also have our fair share that are just warming their seat until their seniority can hold CA. Those are the guys I'm worried about.

Same here...

Back