More Free Food!!!......... For Colgan Pilots

Hmmm. Did I meet you today? I went to the noon meeting, then was at the table for the next while (until leaving for ORF at 3:30).

Yeah, you probably did. I too, attended the noon meeting. Were we sitting next to each other at the tables? Who did you fly w/ today?

I missed all the fun. I got to the sewer just at 5 after battling NYC traffic for 100 minutes for the all of 18 mile drive from my house. Guessing you guys closed up shop early cause there was not a person or lanyard to be seen at 1705 at the place it was supposed to be. Oh well. Maybe I'll hit up LGA to say hey on my way back home tomorrow when I get back from ALB.

Yeah, you probably did. I too, attended the noon meeting. Were we sitting next to each other at the tables? Who did you fly w/ today?

I didn't fly today, it was a RSV day so I was just in town for the meeting. I was at the table from the end of the meeting until about 3:00 when I went down to 87 to catch my ride home. I'm the black haired guy that was sitting next to the female COA FO.

I stopped by for half a second, I had to fly yesterday. Anything good come out of that or the "safety" meeting?

Didn't Colgan just go through a union drive that failed? It would seem to make more sense to wait awhile, and not try again so soon. You're just likely to get a repeat of the last time.

Didn't Colgan just go through a union drive that failed? It would seem to make more sense to wait awhile, and not try again so soon. You're just likely to get a repeat of the last time.

The problem last time was apathy. Everyone was talking so pro-union (I was expecting a 70% turnout) that a lot of guys that wanted a union didn't bother to vote. They figured it was a done deal, so they didn't bother to worry about it. Remember, we only lost by 5 votes.

Hold on real quick. . .

So Skydog, when was Colgan's previous union drive? That you correctly stated failed.

Also, after how long following the failed vote can an employee group then make another effort to organize?

I'd like to see if Skydog can answer. If so, spectacular. If not, well then. . .his first post regarding an employee group making an attempt to organize is really null in void in my world.

Hold on real quick. . .

So Skydog, when was Colgan's previous union drive? That you correctly stated failed.

Also, after how long following the failed vote can an employee group then make another effort to organize?

Not being a an employee of either Colgan or ALPA, I couldn't tell you the exact time framee. My recollection is that it was over the summer.

Also, not being a labor lawyer, I couldn't tell you what the law says in that regard.

My only point was that, when you lose something like this, it doesn't make sense to jump right back in and do it again. For one thing, you want to see if Colgan makes any changes, for good or for worse. If for good, then perhaps you can achieve what you want without going through a representation vote and subsequent contract negotiations, which will take a year or longer. If for bad then that makes it much more likely that the union will pass, and by a wider margin, which is to the Colgan pilots' benefit. It would seem that nothing substantial could have changed in the relatively short time since the last drive.

I didn't know that the drive only failed by 5 votes. But the pilots could hammer their point home much more effectively by winning by a landslide, rather than winning by a slim margin.

Does that satisfy you Surreal? I didn't know you worked for Colgan.

The last Colgan union drive and vote ended last August. Over a year ago, Skydog. The law allows for a new representational election after 12 months. For a situation like uSAPa, where one union was replaced with another (although calling uSAPa a union is somewhat laughable), then the minimum wait for another vote is 24 months, barring extenuating circumstances that the NMB can consider.

:tmyk:

I missed all the fun. I got to the sewer just at 5 after battling NYC traffic for 100 minutes for the all of 18 mile drive from my house. Guessing you guys closed up shop early cause there was not a person or lanyard to be seen at 1705 at the place it was supposed to be. Oh well. Maybe I'll hit up LGA to say hey on my way back home tomorrow when I get back from ALB.

Welcome to EWR! i think i saw you the other day with iggy. didn't register at the time for some reason.

Was it really a year ago? I guess time flies when you're having fun.

Ah well, got the summer part right anyway...

Honestly, for those of you who feel the need to correct those that are actually helping us out on the drive, can you guys please keep quiet?

We are trying really hard to make things better and this meddling BS isn't what we should be focusing on. Especially, if you post without knowing the time frame of things and what has happened since the last vote here.

Honestly, for those of you who feel the need to correct those that are actually helping us out on the drive, can you guys please keep quiet?

We are trying really hard to make things better and this meddling BS isn't what we should be focusing on. Especially, if you post without knowing the time frame of things and what has happened since the last vote here.

Seggy's got a point. about all the negativity.

I'm not a member of <anotherforum>.com, but every once in a while when I am bored, I'll read a thread or two. Today I read about a Pinnacle F.O. that was bitching about Colgan, and his hard earned money being spent on us. I'm tired of this negative crap. Every single week, I rid ea Pinnacle 900 from Hou to Atl, and sometimes Atl to Ewr. I always have my Alpa lanyard on, and every time those guys are so freaking nice and supportive it's not even funny. I have never not gotten first class. These guys are so helpful and want the best for us, because what's best for us is what's best for them, and vice versa. What is best for us, is best for the industry, and vice versa. I'll be the first to admit, I came from a long line of airline pilots in my family, but I didn't know diddly squat about airline politics when I came to Colgan. I now realize it doesn't matter what airline you work for, but working together is what's important. I'm used to the daily Colgan bashing thread, but if people would help make us a better place, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to steal anybody else's flying, and I don't want to take flying away from Pinnacle. Some of you will say, why did you take a job for Colgan then? Simply put - I have no interest in ever stepping foot in a jet, and I live in Houston. What turboprop outfitter has a base in Houston? Only one that I know of - Colgan. I wanted to get my feet wet in 121 out of respect for my dad, who wanted me to at least try it. I still want to be a bush pilot, but I want to leave Colgan behind a better place than I left it.

Rant over.

I'm not a member of <anotherforum>.com, but every once in a while when I am bored, I'll read a thread or two.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is just stay away from that place. Unlike <adifferentforum.com>, which is sometimes a good source of info, that site has absolutely no redeeming qualities. The regional board over there is just filled with nonsense. I haven't been at Pinnacle in over a year and a half, but I know when I was there we had very few pilots that had any ill will towards the CJC pilots. They support you guys.

Seggy's got a point. about all the negativity.

I'm not a member of <anotherforum>.com, but every once in a while when I am bored, I'll read a thread or two. Today I read about a Pinnacle F.O. that was bitching about Colgan, and his hard earned money being spent on us. I'm tired of this negative crap. Every single week, I rid ea Pinnacle 900 from Hou to Atl, and sometimes Atl to Ewr. I always have my Alpa lanyard on, and every time those guys are so freaking nice and supportive it's not even funny. I have never not gotten first class. These guys are so helpful and want the best for us, because what's best for us is what's best for them, and vice versa. What is best for us, is best for the industry, and vice versa. I'll be the first to admit, I came from a long line of airline pilots in my family, but I didn't know diddly squat about airline politics when I came to Colgan. I now realize it doesn't matter what airline you work for, but working together is what's important. I'm used to the daily Colgan bashing thread, but if people would help make us a better place, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to steal anybody else's flying, and I don't want to take flying away from Pinnacle. Some of you will say, why did you take a job for Colgan then? Simply put - I have no interest in ever stepping foot in a jet, and I live in Houston. What turboprop outfitter has a base in Houston? Only one that I know of - Colgan. I wanted to get my feet wet in 121 out of respect for my dad, who wanted me to at least try it. I still want to be a bush pilot, but I want to leave Colgan behind a better place than I left it.

Rant over.

friggin liberals....j/k

good points.

I have been pretty impressed with the pncl group and thanked SE for the help the pncl alpa folks have given us in this regard. I have not encountered anything but the utmost courtesy and respect from any pncl crew member in the terminal, ramp or where ever. To tell you the truth, I am pleasantly surprised by this as I know what that group has gone through and it would be easy to see us in a bad light.

Back