More Delta Int'l expansion

Restraining order. CC left a swath of destruction when he left JFK.

A restraining order? LOL!!

I like the part of replacing the regional flying with mainline jets. Guess the dielsels will still be of good use for a while.

Bill's hoping for that "rumot"ed CVG ER base to become a reality :D

He says he'd give up the CA seat to be able to be able to drive to work and do international again......

New category = No seat lock bidding restrictions! Can you believe he's already a full year into his 2 year seat-lock anyway?!

JFK-ZRH in a 757??????

They are good but not that good.

I guess if its just for the summer, it might work out. CO has sent a 757 into ZRH a couple of times on a sub, dad flew one of them, they had to hold of 30 people so they could get high enough to make it back non-stop, and his was summertime. CO had a bunch of issues with the 757 making it back from Berlin, so that got a 767-200 now. Its amazing what CO and DL are asking from their 757 fleets.

Where is the ATL-Cape Town stopping? Sal Island too?

I've got to say...this transatlantic gig out of JFK pretty much rocks. I've never had more fun in my life.

Lemme guess. I'll be coming in on Sunday, say "Hey man! Where are you going?" you'll answer, "Just headed home, coming in from wherever".

It always happens, man! :)

Bill's hoping for that "rumot"ed CVG ER base to become a reality :D

He says he'd give up the CA seat to be able to be able to drive to work and do international again......

New category = No seat lock bidding restrictions! Can you believe he's already a full year into his 2 year seat-lock anyway?!

That was fast!

Oh, here are the Top Reasons from the SLC CPO about why the new AE is delayed again, freshly cut 'n pasted from the Daily Bulletin in my inbox:

Top ten reasons advance entitlement delayed:

10- Delta unable to determine which hot air balloon will be purchased to staff new category.

9-Unable to convince ALPA we need only 1 pilot per flight.

8-Were busy with the merger,

7- It’s Boeings fault!

6- Busy investing all our spare cash in General Motors.

5- Computer files infected with Trojan horse.

4- Someone accidentally hit the delete button.

3- Waiting on those Chinese MD-90’s.

2- Waiting on new RJ orders.

1- Ran out of White out to make changes.

Lemme guess. I'll be coming in on Sunday, say "Hey man! Where are you going?" you'll answer, "Just headed home, coming in from wherever".

It always happens, man! :)

There must be a sequence to some people's schedules. Seems like I see a lot of the same guys coming and going in the manner every week.

Just home from short recurrent. Barely passed, yet again! :)

I do the short rec next week. Standard? Sit around waiting for the sim to open, hop in the sim, couple RTO's and a ride back to the airport? Details man, I haven't touched a book in six months! ;)

Actually I'll be flying a trip Sunday....Manchester. I forgot to preference AVOID!!!!

Hey! Cool! Coffee on Kristie and I if we catch you around the lounge 48 hour Buda (and Pest!) starting on Sunday.

I do the short rec next week. Standard? Sit around waiting for the sim to open, hop in the sim, couple RTO's and a ride back to the airport? Details man, I haven't touched a book in six months! ;)

You just brief it up and fly it. First look maneuver unbriefed...just fly it and "field whatever ground ball they hit to you". RNP approaches and missed approaches in Quito...cue up route 2 for the engine out Missed. CFIT. Rapid depress in mountainous terrain...use depressurization route in route 2 to get down. Engine failure on NAT track...divert off track. Cat 3 approach. Landings to re-establish currency.

Just another day at the office.

I thought only UA could fly to Vietnam? Has this changed recently? How many 757's does NorthWelta have positioned in asia?

They're also doing PIT-CDG finally filling the void in PIT-Europe service that USAir left a few years ago.

Back